Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street. >

Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street.

Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:05 PM

A new super WM opened here this week. No fabric.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:14 PM

WE will be letting them hear from us in unison. Good research. Thanx
Old 10-16-2010, 07:45 PM

here in s fl none of the walmart stores have fabric and have not had for some time.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:17 PM

Oh, I will be on the phone MONDAY!!! Takling with the managers of the Fab. departments.

Thank you SEW much for this information. I ask all of you to phone or write the WM stores. The more they hear from us the better.

HUGS

Helen
Old 10-16-2010, 08:29 PM

That's great news that some WM are returning fabric departments.
We have 3 WM stores in our area and all 3 have always had fabrics.
I like the fabric and choices. There's a wide choice of prices also.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:43 PM

I so pray that this is true. My favorite WM has downsized a little and started getting party items back there in stead of keeping everything up front with the stationery Dept. where it had been.My sweet fabric dept. lady will be happy if this will happen.And I will be elated cause I really don't go to our One Hancocks, unless I have too.[It is on the other side of the city and a hassle for me.] Thank goodness that maybe the corp. had awakened and listened to its faithful customers!!!!!YEAAAAAA!!!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:37 PM

i recently purchased a precut quilt kit at the local walmart (where there used to be a full fabric department) in hopes of getting a quilt quickly finished and sent off as a baby gift. not only were the instructions hazy, the fabric was short of the indicated colors, and there was twice as much of the wrong color--even more than was needed for the backing. ( this wasn't obvious until i'd already cut 2/3 of the fabric according to their directions.) i tried to find matching fabric at a local fabric store to no avail--ended up buying totally unrelated fabric to try to cobble something together. i contacted the company that packaged it, and after two weeks have had no satisfaction, and no satisfying response.) i long for the days of their full fabric department. and i'll never bother to buy one of their kits again, either-- more trouble than it was worth--and it's still unfinished. didn't need another UFO, right now...
Old 10-16-2010, 10:55 PM

This is the first time I log in to this site. I am so glad to know that Walmart will be selling fabrics again. I live in Tucson, Az. Three years ago I went to care for my mother in Brownsville, Texas. When I got there I was very upset to see that she was wearing horrible old faded hospital gowns. When I confronted my siblings about the condition of the gowns. They claimed that they didn't know where to buy new ones. I went to two different walmart and I discovered that they were closing their fabric department. The third store I went to still had lots of fabrics. I bought enough fabrics to make my Mom One gown for each day of the week. She wore them with pride and it made her very happy. Three years later she went to her eternal home. When people greeted me at her funeral service they would let me know how my mother made sure that everyone knew, that her daughter, had made her those beautiful gowns with happy colors. I brought those gowns with me when I came back to Tucson. Every time I see them I smile and I can still see her face beaming with joy. I cannot go to Walmart without visiting the fabric department. vangel in Tucson
Old 10-16-2010, 11:48 PM

I hope everything goes okay.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:52 PM

I bougth three quilt kits precut. One was given to an elderly lady as a gift, the 2nd I made the top and it was a beautiful black and tan pinwheel which I donated, and the third was a lone star that my Aunt was supposed to do for me--I never saw or heard from her after that.