Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
International Quilt Festival (aka Houston Quilt Show) November 4-7, 2010 >

International Quilt Festival (aka Houston Quilt Show) November 4-7, 2010

International Quilt Festival (aka Houston Quilt Show) November 4-7, 2010

Old 10-12-2010, 07:29 PM

Ligia...I'll be there with Machel on the 3d. Maybe those of us that are arriving then can meet up somewhere in the middle of all the chaos for dinner or something.
Would LOVE to meet you!
Old 10-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Banned

I was just PM'ing wit Ligia. I suggested Friday for a meeting in the Food Court. It will be slightly less crowded than Saturday, when people are off for the weekend. Just let me know!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:21 PM

Would have to be a time in the afternoon. Our flight doesn't get in until I think, 2pm OR...if you look on the site for the show, it shows some restaurants that have some "deals" for dinners and such. I'm going to print out a couple pages of each. One for me and one for giving away if someone needs one.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:37 AM

Plans change, I won't make it this year. Bum knee and still lots to do to get our house ready to sell. See ya next year, he promised!!!:)
Old 10-18-2010, 09:16 AM

I will be there Nov. 4 - 7, working as a Guardian, in Commemorative Booth and also the Linus Booth. So my schedule is pretty mixed up. Would love to meet sometime though with any QB members. Maybe we should adopt a ribbon color to wear to identify us? Just something small on a collar or lapel.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:33 AM

I will be going again, but only for Thursday. Went last yr for 1st time, had a blast. There are 4 of us from our quilt group and staying at a friends in Katy. Last yr the Stashbuster group picked a long piece of Selvage with all the colors dots for a pin. Maybe a certain color ribbon would work for us. Jean Louisiana
Old 10-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Banned

It seems like the easiest way for us to recognize each other would be by some kind of lapel ribbon pin, like the pink breast cancer ribbon. Would anyone else be interested in doing this, and if so, what color or colors? Or even like Baglady said, instead of a regular ribbon, cut a piece of selvage dots and use that. That should be unique enough, and easy enough for us to come by.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
It seems like the easiest way for us to recognize each other would be by some kind of lapel ribbon pin, like the pink breast cancer ribbon. Would anyone else be interested in doing this, and if so, what color or colors? Or even like Baglady said, instead of a regular ribbon, cut a piece of selvage dots and use that. That should be unique enough, and easy enough for us to come by.
Oh, I like the idea of selvage dots, that is unusual enough not to be confused with anything else. And not tacky. Sounds good to me.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:21 PM

I'll be there Monday for an all day class, Friday afternoon and Saturday and possible Sunday. Would love to meet Board Members.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:35 PM

I'm planning to go, Thursday and Friday probably. We'll be staying with our daughter and her family ..

I like the idea of a selvage ribbon to pin on our name tag.

Am VERY EXCITED! This will be my first Houston show.