Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What should I do? >

What should I do?

What should I do?

Old 10-20-2010, 12:27 PM

Another idea for a real quickie gift: a heart-shaped pillow (perhaps with music design) to hold if her spirits or low and to remind her she's loved. You could make it to match a lap quilt or fleece or flannel blanket.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:33 PM

Another idea for a real quickie gift: a small heart-shaped pillow (perhaps with music design) to hold if her spirits or low and to remind her she's loved. You could make it to match a lap quilt or fleece or flannel blanket. My bee did that for a member who had cancer and she loved it.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Quilt with fleece as backing and no other batting. Or a quilt with polly batting and flannel on the back. Make the qulit atleast 50x60. I have not heard of this but how about those lap quilts that can be folded into a pillow shape. they have a pocket center bottom that people can also use to stick their feet in when the blanket is unfolded.
This is called a quillow.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
Quilt with fleece as backing and no other batting. Or a quilt with polly batting and flannel on the back. Make the qulit atleast 50x60. I have not heard of this but how about those lap quilts that can be folded into a pillow shape. they have a pocket center bottom that people can also use to stick their feet in when the blanket is unfolded.
Anyone have a pattern or instructions?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:55 PM

I think quilters are about the nicest people on earth. I have gone through chemo and radiation for three months earlier this year and during therapy I liked the blankets at the hospital because they are flannel and they put them in the microwave and warm them. But when I got home, I loved my zebra fleece blanket that I used everyday. I was like a baby when I had to wash and dry it, waiting to wrap it around me again. ah, I think there was more to that blanket than the blanket. But I think a nicely made one from a friend would be the best!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Carol J.
Knitting,crocheting or making caps out of fleece are always welcome for a cancer patient. Knots of Love has patterns for knitting and knotting, which the writer of the web site calls crocheting. I just made three for a friend and another friend made her some out of fleece. There is a pattern available for the fleece caps. The recipient was so grateful.

Carol J.
There is also a pattern for foot booties out of fleece I think I saw it in Clotilde or Annie Attic
Old 10-20-2010, 02:39 PM

Another quilter friend of mine did a nice big raggedy flannel quilt for a friend we had that had cancer. She did it in really bright colors so it would be cheerful. The day he passed away, I saw the quilt open and spread out on his favorite recliner. I know he loved it.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:41 PM

I did a search and found a pattern on Crazy Creek Quilts
I don't know how to put on a link or I would.

Originally Posted by patdesign
Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
Anyone have a pattern or instructions?
Old 10-20-2010, 03:08 PM

When my sister went through chemo I made her an entire wardrobe of Fleece hats. They keep the head warm and cover the loss of hair very nicely and there are many free patterns on the internet. They only take a few minutes and she loved the fact that she could match whatever he was wearing with a different hat! When she passed away her local Hospice asked her husband if he would donate all her pretty hats to them for other cancer patients. He did and I still make them for our local cancer patient care center.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:08 PM

How about shades of pink in solids and prints and the "Yellow Brick Road"pattern works up quickly.