Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Are you making plans for Thanksgiving yet? >

Are you making plans for Thanksgiving yet?

Are you making plans for Thanksgiving yet?

Old 10-22-2010, 12:10 PM

I'l be on my vacation, so
I will let someone else cook,
but I will help.
J J
Old 10-22-2010, 01:37 PM

Yes we are planning to go to St. Ausustine for a week while
school is out as our grandson lives with us.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:05 PM

DH and I do the cooking for our 4 kids, but don't mind. DD will pop in for dessert as she goes to MIL for actual dinner. I have encouraged her to create a good relationship with her MIL as mine wasn't always easy. 3 boys will probably be home. A couple of years ago they all asked for homemade pizza instead of turkey as we have that on Christmas, too. Who knows what we will be eating this year. Just have to wait and see what the consensus is. The day after, DD, my best friend and I go shopping. We leave home at about 3 am. It is the only time that I am willingly up at that time. I usually don't even go to bed.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:14 PM

I cook : ) All of my girls, mom & sibs live within 20 minutes and they all come to my house. My kids also know that any strays are welcome : )
Old 10-22-2010, 02:17 PM

yes mine is planned out as it is every year.
MOST IMPORTANT...lay out Black Friday Sales Ads on the
floor in the order in which you intend to hit which store first..
Joann's is always the first...some times we do a split down of one person goes one place and the other goes to Joann's.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:19 PM

This year's Thanksgiving will be different. My oldest will be getting married on Nov. 6th. She had originally planned on having dinner at her house. But with the stress of the wedding she has decided to "punt" dinner to someone else. Not sure exactly where that will be. Probably to my house. Which is ok, but life is changing and kids are getting married and moving out. I have learned to go with the flow. Just because that is how it has been done for the last Upteen years doesn't mean it stays that way. Make new tradition, and who knows, you might find something you like doing better.

I am really looking forward to after Thanksgiving. DH and I are going on a cruise. Can't wait to spend some alone time with my sweetie :-)
Old 10-22-2010, 03:35 PM

I have always cooked Thanksgiving dinner but decided after last year to turn it over to one of the kids. They decided that my son will do the cooking although I still have to do the pies.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:16 PM

We do dinner here.... Just DH, me, dd#1(6) and dd#2(4). I make the whole huge meal and we just hang out and do whatever all day. DH has to work (yay for holiday pay) so not a whole lot for us and that's the way we like it. But I'm boo-hooing a little because I can't do black Friday because DH works overnight until 7:30 am. All the good deals will be gone before then.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:05 PM

I will be having Thanksgiving at my house. I only do the Turkey, dressing and scalloped corn. My daughters and daughter inlaw will bring everything else. I also have Christmas eve and Christmas day. On Christmas eve we just have a light lunch as the kids are to excited to eat much. Christmas dinner is my husbands job. He either does a whole tenderloin or a prime rib, but with my big eaters it is now 2 tenderloins or 2 prime ribs. We also did New Years day dinner until I put a stop to that. I think we do enough with the other 3 holidays
Old 10-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Banned

Plans.....NO NO NO....One DD is a vegatarian an she and DH stay home and cook TOFU TURKEY....

Other DD doesn't even invite us over.....I did it for more than 30 yrs and finally said enough!

So DH and I will put a Turkey Breast in Crock Pot....Yes, you heard me right.....It is delicious!.....Very tender.....

Neither girls said anything about Christmas, so I guess I will do it again for a total of 39 yrs!

Maybe after I have my 7 vertebrae fused together.....they will do it!