Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dresden Plate Quilt Pattern >

Dresden Plate Quilt Pattern

Dresden Plate Quilt Pattern

Old 10-22-2010, 08:15 PM

There are a lot of patterns for Dresden Plate, including free patterns on the internet. However, if you really like Dresden Plate, you might consider purchasing acrylic templates to make it. Marti Michell (www.frommarti.com) has a set making 7", 10 1/2", and 12" Dresden Plates for $20. She also has a set for making 3" and 5" Dresden Plates with a bonus Mini Drunkard's Path for $16. I don't happen to own either of these sets, but I know from experience that she has wonderful instructions and extra ideas included with her template sets. In all, I own about 7 From Marti Michell template sets, five books, and six patterns (separate from those in the books) and I love them. I saw Marti at the AQS show in Des Moines so I have her newest catalog. Others also make template sets for Dresden Plates, but I cannot give an opinion of their templates since I don't own any of them.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:19 PM

Marcus? Marcus is my hubby's first name. He lived less than an hour from Marcus when he was young. I went to college less than an hour from Marcus (the town, not the spouse!)
Old 10-23-2010, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by angelheartiowa
However, if you really like Dresden Plate, you might consider purchasing acrylic templates to make it. Marti Michell (www.frommarti.com) has a set making 7", 10 1/2", and 12" Dresden Plates for $20. She also has a set for making 3" and 5" Dresden Plates with a bonus Mini Drunkard's Path for $16.
I got the Darlene Zimmerman's acrylic template at the DSM quilt show. I really like it, it makes a huge difference in the ease of cutting them out. I like the Dresden Plate so much I want to make a quilt out of them. :)
Old 10-25-2010, 03:52 PM

I am happy to hear that you got a template that you like. Having a good template is wonderful if you want to make a lot of them. I'm not sure if I am familiar with Darlene Zimmermann's Dresden template. If you come to the AQS show on a regular basis (even if you don't) you might want to join another online quilt group that I am in. We are online all year long (many subgroups to the major club), and the Iowa specific club members get together when the show comes to town. Let me know if you are interested in joining the group (on another site) that actually gets together. We had a lot of fun this year!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by angelheartiowa
I am happy to hear that you got a template that you like. Having a good template is wonderful if you want to make a lot of them. I'm not sure if I am familiar with Darlene Zimmermann's Dresden template. If you come to the AQS show on a regular basis (even if you don't) you might want to join another online quilt group that I am in. We are online all year long (many subgroups to the major club), and the Iowa specific club members get together when the show comes to town. Let me know if you are interested in joining the group (on another site) that actually gets together. We had a lot of fun this year!
I'm definitely interested in this club. Please send me the info.

Thanks!!!