Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
99% Sure.... >

99% Sure....

99% Sure....

Old 10-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Dee

My pup likes to lay on foot pedal box, when I use that machine. Otherwise will paw at me to hold and hug and kiss her, then she is fine and will lie down.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
Ever have a pet steal your quilting supplies?
No, Just eat the fabric! Had to decide which dog ate it! Now being down to one dog, we don't have to try to figure it out if it happens again.

Kyia
Old 10-24-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj
Both my cat and my dog are thieves. No pen, pencil or plastic cup, pop can, stray piece of fabric, Lego, Nerf dart, etc, etc, is safe. The dog has a special liking for pencils. She eats the tip first. If I get it fast enough there is enough left to sharpen again and start over.
Annie(my westie), thinks wooden pencils and clothes pins are the most wonderful things to chew on.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:47 PM

I had been keeping my 5 piece butterfly applique pieces together with a paper clip and Elmo, the cat, grabbed #6 of 20. I had heard him playing with something, but didn't realize what his toy was until I was ready for #6! Had to get DH to help me look for it, he was so excited everyone was on the floor playing the same game!-only took 1 hr. :) Yep, I was mad, but when he starts blinking those baby blues at me-he was forgiven. Now I cover everything I working on.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:14 AM

I have learned to keep the wastebaskets away from the table edges. My two "critters" love to clean the table tops and I can't begin to tell you how many tools I have lost--LOL. Apparently batting a seam ripper into a trash can is much more exciting than chasing a ball with a bell in it.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:23 AM

My cats, especially the one in the ID pic, will play with anything that slides across the floor. I find their toys, empty thread spools that I give to them, leaves that manage to get in the house, in the oddest places. Cats just like movement and anything that rolls like a pen is a real hit with them. I cleaned out a hall closet last week and found a spool, a cat toy, and one other item that had managed to slide under the door that he was playing with.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:49 AM

Mine like to take the pins out of blocks I have pinned to the design wall. I can't tell have many times I have had to re-design a quilt. What is it about pins that they like. It isn't just the glass heads because they also like the coursage pins I use on my longarm.
Harriet our 3 year old rescue cat loves to bring me yarn. She goes into the guest room and under the bed where I store my extra yarn and bring me her prize, most of the time crying out as she walks through the house. If I talk to her she stops crying and just looks at me. I am not sure what she wants or needs. I wish I knew what is going on. Since she wears a bell around her neck, maybe this is the only prey she can catch.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:37 AM

yes my cat "TEE" sits and pulls the pins out of my pincushion if i get up from my sewing table and dont cover the pincushion up. darn little boy guess he figures i shouldnt be stopping.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:47 AM

Rosey likes to come in and lay on the fabric I am trying to iron. She also chewed a pink marking pencil. When I made a jeans quilt out of DH old jeans, Mike would come in and lay on them. Even though they were washed, he knew they were "dads"!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:56 AM

It is probably under something that she can't reach under. That's what my cats do. Lots of things end up under the couches.