Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi from the Shenandoah Valley of VA >

Hi from the Shenandoah Valley of VA

Hi from the Shenandoah Valley of VA

Old 12-09-2006, 08:49 AM

Hi...I've been quilting for almost a year and love it. Have 4 lap quilts I tried to have ready by Xmas but now aiming for birthdays!! Nice to know there are both new and long-time quilters on line that can help or just chat with. Looking forward to talking with you whenever...
Old 12-16-2006, 02:21 PM

Hi Norma! You'll have fun here, I guarantee it. Everybody shares advice and no matter what "level" of sewing you're at there's always something new to learn. Post a question or a thought whenever you like and somebody's sure to answer :D Welcome!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:38 AM

Hi Leslee,
Thanks so much for your greeting. One of our daughters and her family live in Laverne, CA. We also have grandson and gr. granddaughter living in Ventura! Sure is beautiful up there. Have very good friend living in Lompoc, too.
We lived in CA for about 3 yrs., '91-'94, first in San Barnardino, then up the mountains to Lake Arrowhead. I just couldn't take the smog that is so prevalent there. Had to come down the mt. to work in Highland, but was always glad to drive back up!
We moved from CA to Denver, where we lived until 12/98, then moved to VA, which we like very much. My husband and I worked for awhile, then I retired but husband kept working. We moved from Leesburg to Edinburg, and husband retired after about 2 yrs. The commute into DC area where he was consulting was just too much. Now we are both retired and I quilt and he oil paints! We have a great life here although we have house for sale in hopes to move to Marietta, OH, for our final retirement spot. We are both from Ohio and will be closer to family. Housing market here is awful but hope for better next year. Write whenever you have a chance.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:39 PM

Well, I'll be. I was raised in the Gateway to the Shenandoah Valley in Martinsburg, WV ....a long time ago. I am planning to go there on Jan 11 as my Dear old Dad will be celebrating his 100th Birthday. I still visit the region several times a year. Perhaps you are further down the valley, but at least I can identify where you live.
BEAUTIFUL SHENANDOAH!!! and BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAINS! what a wonder drive in the spring time.
June in Cincinnati
Old 12-30-2006, 01:57 PM

Hi June6995,

Have passed through Martinsburg, WVA, many a time! We presently have our house for sale and plan on retiring to Marietta, OH, not too far from you, I gather. I still have family and friends in Ohio (Strongsville, Fairview Park, & Canton).

God bless your dad...he must be proud to be reaching that number 100! I hope you have a great time at the celebration.

Fondly, Norma
Old 12-30-2006, 04:00 PM

I truly appreciate your kindness.....especially concerning my Dad. He has lived a good life. My 2 brothers who live in the area (Inwood, WV and Hagerstown MD) will also be part of the celebration along with members of his church where he has been the oldest member, for a long time.
HAPPY NEW YEAR......
Old 12-30-2006, 06:34 PM

And a Happy New Year and may 2007 be a good year for you as well as our good ol' USofA. We sure can use it.

Have a safe trip and talk to you later. Best regards, Norma