Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ok Quilters...what is your dream machine that you use??? >

Ok Quilters...what is your dream machine that you use???

Ok Quilters...what is your dream machine that you use???

Old 10-26-2010, 06:56 AM

I have three Janomes and use each one for different reasons. Love love love those machines. I alao have a husband who insisted I buy the machine I wanted. Lucky me
Old 10-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Banned

[quote=Marvlin]Butterflyquilter:

So sorry your machine died. Can new life be breathed in it? If not start serving soup and sandwiches for lunch and dinner, put away the rest of your grocery money for a new or used machine. If complaints come your way, luxuries come in different packages, eating high on the hog is a luxury so soup and sandwiches will have to do.

If I did that, he would tell me I don't need as much grocery money!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:13 AM

Take the quilts off the bed! I understand nights are getting cold in Illinois. I'll bet he decides quilts are good!
Originally Posted by butterflyquilter
Food is the one thing he never gripes about spending money on. He thinks making quilts is a waste of time.
Originally Posted by tjradj
I did use a janome for piecing but it quit tonight. My husband has informed me that a sewing machine is a luxury so I am not going to be quilting for awhile.
Did you inform him that eating is a luxury and he won't be getting that for a while?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:17 AM

I have a Brother QC 1000, for when I take the plunge to quilt something. I've been using my featherweight to piece and found I get the most straightest and accurate stitches with that. Just picked up a Singer 66 and will be using that for piecing also. Gotta love those featherweights! :lol:
Old 10-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Banned

I did use a janome for piecing but it quit tonight. My husband has informed me that a sewing machine is a luxury so I am not going to be quilting for awhile.
Everyone has said it already, but, my dear, I can tell you right now that the vast majority of us would look him dead in the eye, laugh in his face, and then RUN, not walk to get a new machine. I agree with the other gals, husbands are a luxury, not sewing machines.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 AM

I basically use 2 machines...My Viking SE and the Viking Magna Quilter. Each is used for quilting, but differently. I don't have a long arm.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 AM

I love my Babylock Quilter's Choice!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by tjradj
Did you inform him that eating is a luxury and he won't be getting that for a while?
Amen sister!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Banned

I would have already done that if I had my own money. I only work very little in my shop because I am so busy with housework, homeschooling our daughter, church work and activities for my daughter (Girl Scout leader, 4-H leader, Sunday school, etc.). I am working on getting some applique projects ready to work on since I won't need the machine for them for awhile.

Originally Posted by gaigai
Everyone has said it already, but, my dear, I can tell you right now that the vast majority of us would look him dead in the eye, laugh in his face, and then RUN, not walk to get a new machine. I agree with the other gals, husbands are a luxury, not sewing machines.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:59 AM

how about necessities of fishing/hunting/football, maybe even tools (like 25 electric drills?) etc.