Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What notions are on your wish list? >

What notions are on your wish list?

What notions are on your wish list?

Old 10-28-2010, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
I want a blue marking pen that doesn't dry up in the middle of marking a quilt top. I can't find one that lasts. Any suggestions?? I usually end up using chalk, but if Santa has a blue pen that lasts, it's on the top of my list.
Why is it that the marking pens have so little "ink" in them????!! I'd like to find one that lasts, also. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Jory
Old 10-28-2010, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by finch
I would just like to have a really good quilting friend to share coffee with and do quilts together with.I would love also the x block rulers.
I can agree with you on this! We moved about 10 yrs ago to be closer to my parents & all my quilting buddies are 'back home" I finally met a quilting buddy that I did everything with & she was so much fun. She has since passed away & now I'm without a quilting buddy to jump in a car with for the day. There is nothing like a good quilting buddy to go to lunch with, go shop hopping, have coffee & a laugh, share fabric......(get the idea!!!!)
Old 10-28-2010, 06:16 AM

For Christmas I wannnnnnnnnnnt a Supreme Slider Free Motion quilting thingy. I don't need it but I WANT it! I also want embroidery threads & when in doubt (this is what I tell my DH every year) diamonds or gold will do!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

I have several books on my wish list. I love quilting books. I like to look at them before going to sleep. I will literally study a pattern for months before actually making the quilt. Don't know why but I just like to do that.

I'd also like a Pounce pad and maybe a couple of pantos to try my hand at.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:24 AM

I would really love a larger cutting mat!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:27 AM

Sure wish you lived closer and I hope that you get evrything that is on your wish list.That goes for everyone.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:02 AM

JoAnn's had a 50% off coupon and I bought the 35X70 cutting mat from Olfa. I love it. It completely covers my cutting table. I just don't like the way the 3 pieces are clamped together. The clamps get in the way. I may try to figure out a better way to clamp them.
I also had a 30% off coupon from a LQS and bought an 8x24 ruler. I love it also.
The only thing I want for Christmas is the embroidery unit for my new sewing machine. Kind of pricey. Might have to wait for that.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:04 AM

Thinking about an accuquilt go for christmas.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
I have the "notion" I need a maid :lol: :lol: :lol: then I could sew more! :thumbup:
Or a Pool Boy!! I don't have a swimming pool but I'm sure I could find some little jobs for him.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:22 AM

If you are looking for a really good seam ripper, the one by Bernina is the best I've tried. (And I've tried about 3 different ones.) It has a thin point to get under the thread and it is sharper at the point that cuts the thread. There is also a 'slicer-type' that uses an X-acto curved blade. Those work great also, very fast but be careful not to cut fabric.