Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What notions are on your wish list? >

What notions are on your wish list?

What notions are on your wish list?

Old 10-29-2010, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
I have the "notion" I need a maid :lol: :lol: :lol: then I could sew more! :thumbup:
When you find one, maybe she could start a company and put them all over the world for us quilters who love a clean and tidy house but love quilting even more!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:07 AM

Hi, I decided to order the pinmoors awhile ago. They are used instead of safety pins when you are putting all your layers of your quilt together. I really love them and they are so much easier then having to fasten the safety pins. A bit expensive, but well worth having, and its fun to splurge once in awhile. I highly recommend them, and I bought two sets. (each set has 50 pinmoors) Go to www.pinmoor.com to see a video and to purchase.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:21 AM

Supreme Slider and a variety of silk thread for hand applique.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by EC
Originally Posted by janb
I want one of those round do-nut things to hold my bobbins..
sure I can find one next trip to JoAnns, but dont want to pay postage for one.
My JoAnn's doesn't carry them anymore. Please let me know if you find then somewhere else.
Go to Amazon.com and purchase it - If you purchase $25 then there is no shipping - just pick out a few more notions and ta daa you've got it made - make sure when you purchase it that they participate with the free shipping - you can see the logo beside the product
Old 10-29-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
I want "The Farmer's Wife" book & every color of Connecting Threads thread. I haven't added up the cost, but it's wonderful thread and worth every penny. A single spool costs $2.49 for 1200 yards of almost lint-free 100% long-staple thread. It's less per spool if you buy it by the set. I also want every color of their cone thread - $9.99 for 5000 yards on a cone. OK, it's a lot of money, but will last a long time. Didn't get anything last year as DH didn't have a job - now he is sitting on 2 job offers - go figure.
Have you seen the great fabric sales they have every week? Their fabrics are in such fabulous colors. - Love their free shipping for orders over $50.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by JUNEC
Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
I want "The Farmer's Wife" book & every color of Connecting Threads thread. I haven't added up the cost, but it's wonderful thread and worth every penny. A single spool costs $2.49 for 1200 yards of almost lint-free 100% long-staple thread. It's less per spool if you buy it by the set. I also want every color of their cone thread - $9.99 for 5000 yards on a cone. OK, it's a lot of money, but will last a long time. Didn't get anything last year as DH didn't have a job - now he is sitting on 2 job offers - go figure.
Have you seen the great fabric sales they have every week? Their fabrics are in such fabulous colors. - Love their free shipping for orders over $50.
Hit the wrong button - Wanted to say wish your husband well on his new jobs.
Have a great day.
June
Old 10-29-2010, 10:56 AM

I want an Accu Quilt SO BAD!
Old 10-29-2010, 11:08 AM

I just got myself a 12 1/2" square ruler, so I'm a happy camper. Used a 40% off coupon! But now I just read about the quilt block tool, and I'm thinking, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... lol.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by scrappycats
I would dearly love one of those awesome irons that you don't have to prop up but just let sit and it pops itself up. But they are just way to much money for me to purchase for myself.

Also would like to have a bigger cutting mat for my cutting station, about fifty more bobbins, a thread holder for regular thread and cone thread, and while I am dreaming how about a new sewing machine table -- one that has drawers and the sewing machine fits into flat.
Aw heck, all I want is a long arm quilter, FAT CHANCE!!
Old 10-29-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by EC
Originally Posted by janb
I want one of those round do-nut things to hold my bobbins..
sure I can find one next trip to JoAnns, but dont want to pay postage for one.
My JoAnn's doesn't carry them anymore. Please let me know if you find then somewhere else.
I saw somewhere that you can use the foam pieces that are used to separate toes for pedicures to store bobbins, looked like a neat idea to me.