Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's on your bed? >

What's on your bed?

What's on your bed?

Old 10-28-2010, 10:37 AM

I just scanned thru every page and the quilts are just beautiful Had a reson" Have saved purples for years and this will be my last big quilt. Hopefilly I can come up with a easy pattern. Great Job on each and every one.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 AM

right now I have 2 Amish log cabin quilt I made,

left overs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]99853[/ATTACH]

Amish log cabin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]99854[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-99848.jpe
Views:	18
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	99853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-99849.jpe
Views:	15
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	99854  
Old 10-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

I have a queen-size log cabin on my bed. On top of that is another "squares" quilt. I made both, years ago. Time for something new!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:23 AM

a quilt i made from a kit - right now I'm trying to finish hand quilting a new one for my bed. (taking a lonnnnng time!)
Old 10-29-2010, 03:28 AM

One that I made: A full size quilt using Civil-War reproduction fabrics. Scrappy.

closer view, but color in photo is off
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110272[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-110266.jpe
Views:	64
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	110271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-110267.jpe
Views:	12
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	110272  
Old 10-29-2010, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
One that I made: A full size quilt using Civil-War reproduction fabrics. Scrappy.
Gosh! That is really beautiful!
Old 10-30-2010, 07:11 AM

I have a store bought quilt. I do not think my little machine and I could handle making a full sized quilt.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by mollymct
Just curious! Is it one of your quilts? I and my machine are not ready to tackle a queen sized quilt yet, but I wish I could create one! I have a (getting very worn) "bought" quilt on my bed--it does appear handquilted anyway and I have just loved it. So, I'm shopping for a new quilt until I have grown more skilled and gotten a machine with a decent arm length!!
OMG!!! What a great topic and what beautiful quilts!
My college friend, Louise, made a gorgeous all HANDMADE queen sized quilt for me when the FIRST quilt she made for me began falling apart after so many washings. (Yes, this is the SECOND queen sized quilt she has made for me. Could I have a better friend? I think not!) I picked out the fabric before I had ever quilted and I gave her such heavy fabrics to work with! Had I known................ It is all creams and beiges, and a bit of goldish......circles, squares, rectangles. It is HEAVY because of the fabrics so we only use it in the fall and the winter. It's so snuggly. In the spring and summer, I change to a gorgeous "Storm at Sea" blue and green, machine pieced, all hand quilted, queen sized quilt I bought at the Boynton Beach City Library......yes, the LIBRARY, in Florida, where a fabulous group of women work once a week for about 2 1/2 hours hand sewing quilts which they then sell for the benefit of the library! The first time I walked in there, six ladies were doing the hand quilting on a frame and I fell in love with it....the colors...the pieces...the hand work.....sigh. We agreed on a price, and voila! I acquired a gorgeous, light weight quilt that I treasure. I have purchased, maybe two years ago, enough fabric, Laurel Burch, olive horses and the complimentary fabrics to go with that, for me to do a quilt for my bed but I AM SCARED OUT OF MY MIND TO DO IT!!!! I do have a long arm quilter I would bring it to but.........................in the meantime, I am making a scrap quilt, like a crazy quilt, no sashing, just little, little pieces together and I WILL get it to be a queen sized quilt for us. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the topic. I love seeing the quilts others have made and one day I will learn how to post pictures here. My Lovely friend Louise deserves to have her work highlighted here. She is a gem. As a matter of fact I did make a quilt for her! No one who quilts usually GETS a quilt and she loved it! I loved doing it for her. It is an oriental quilt I made with silk and cotton fabrics we got together on a trip to Asia! It covers a queen but doesn't go over the sides. She has it hanging up in her hallway. Ah......................friendship, quilting, what a glorious combination!!
Old 10-31-2010, 12:06 PM

I have a bedspread on our bed (120" sq.), that's the one the cat is on in the picture and in our spare bedroom I have a queen size that was finished just months ago...a Saturday Block quilt from a local shop. Our's, as you can see has a cat on it and now we haave a 50lb heeler mix adult dog that is inside nd she gets on the spare bed with the cat. Oh well, I made them to use and they do wash. I'm going to have to start giving the kids more quilts, am running out of room to keep them and still have all these projects started.
Isn't quilting wonderful?
Old 11-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Bev

Store bought comforter in winter. Pretty sheet the rest of the year. I live in FL too. I also have two gigantic slobs, Maine Coons, who sleep all day on my bed. No use putting anything very special on the bed until tey're no longer around. Which I hope is never! 8-)