Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Rooms - Organzied vs. Chaos >

Sewing Rooms - Organzied vs. Chaos

Sewing Rooms - Organzied vs. Chaos

Old 10-31-2010, 04:27 AM

I am organized and have to have everything in it's place. Yes, my quilting studio is decorated with vintage sewing/quilting items. It is of course my special place and just like any other room in my house it reflects what the room is for. I can't seem to work in a mess and clean up at the end of the day so it's nice and clean and fresh for the next day.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:30 AM

I have organized chaos! lol
Old 10-31-2010, 04:49 AM

I use a corner of our bedroom as my sewing room. The Quilting Corner, I call it. It can get out of hand so easily. Every couple of days I have to tidy up or I have no work space. My husband has a small office in our house from his working days, but he's retired two years now. I've hinted that it would be so nice to sew in there. But he's not ready to give up his space, and I understand that. Really, I do. lol...
Old 10-31-2010, 04:52 AM

organized undecorated chaos here :)
Old 10-31-2010, 05:09 AM

My room is organized chaos!

I usually know where everything is, but I don't have enough storage places for everything. Besides, if everything us up and out of the way, I'd be spending way too much time fetching the things I need for the task at hand. One in a while I will put as much as I can away and start over.

My fabrics are sorted by color and are folded in the exact same size bundle as each other. My floors are bare, except on one wall where I have a very large bag of scraps.

My overflow goes into the guest room, spread out on the bed so I can see what's there.

I have moved my sewing table out into the dining room so I can watch the frequent NCIS marathons while I sew! I moved things around in there & DH now sits at the table with his laptop and watches too.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:22 AM

Mine is decorated to the max. I have a great time decorating it and fussing with it.

And it is organized when I am NOT in the middle of a project.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:33 AM

I have creative chaos. I wish I could be organized but it will never happen.
I just keep quilting on
ceegee
Old 10-31-2010, 07:49 AM

I'd rather 'keep it clean' then 'clean it up', but it doesn't always happen with me. I like everything in it's place because I hate looking for stuff. When I'm in the middle of projects it gets pretty chaotic in my sewing room. I always vow to do better---maybe some day.
Kaykuilts
Old 10-31-2010, 08:06 AM

i am normally a very organized person but my sewing stuff is definitly not as organized as it should be. i have asked hubby multiple times to put up some shelves for me but nothing has been done yet. i'd do it myself but he doesn't like me touching his tools so i'll have to keep waiting. for the meantime i have things in bins and stuffed here and there to try to keep them out of the way. i keep my fabrics folded and somewhat sorted into groups of what i want to use together. i don't have a sewing room though, i am stuck working in the kitchen
Old 10-31-2010, 04:20 PM

My sewing room is bare right now as I will be moving in when I return from being with my DD for her surgery. In my mind, it will be organized and functional as it is a small space. I will hope to add some decorative touches, but not at the expense of functionality.
Wish me LUCK!!!