Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where is your workspace? >

Where is your workspace?

Where is your workspace?

Old 10-30-2010, 03:07 AM

Thank you Irene. We've lived in our Motorhome 11 yrs in Florida after selling home in New England. Love Florida..not so much motorhome living. Claustrophobic. I used to sew outside with my old machine, but this newer computerized one said not to & I am rather protective of it. We have no couch. Bird cage replaced it. Only have two chairs & the teensy doll sized table my lap top is on. At mealtime, we put potholders/towels over the lap tops & eat on top of them. I have to stand in the wheel well or try to stuff my feet under my chair while my DH walks by. LOL!
My stovetop has a metal cover & though tiny, is only flat spot. I put my cutting mat there to cut. Ironing board is up & down so we can use the facilities. Must iron from one end only when it's up. LOL! I've been blessed in many other ways. Eventually, I'm sure it will get better. If not, I'll work around it! :-)
Old 10-30-2010, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
Originally Posted by Tudey
I know, I'm spoiled!!!
I prefer to think of it as "well-kept"
OOOHHHHH, I like the way you put that. You are so right, I am very well kept, cared for, loved and blessed!!! So, why am I thinking about knocking out the wall between my quilting loft and DSD's room now that she has gone off to college and making my room even larger??????????? Perhaps I best just make more quilts and my storage issue would take care of it self!

:-) It's our obsession - we just crave more and more! The more we get, the more we want - whether stash, machines, space, etc.
I am another one who is "well-kept" or "well blessed" and I am so thankful for an understanding man! (Of course, if you could see his 2 garages, you would know he is the same way with his tools and his "stuff.") :P
Old 10-30-2010, 07:12 AM

I am stuck up in the attic. Hot in the summer, freezing in the winter.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rowan8
So you quilt naked in the summer and in thermals in the winter, right?

I am also on the top floor of my house, south facing windows, gets up to 110 in the summer up there (at 100 I have to head downstairs) and it's cold in the winter but I have an electric wall heater that is very efficient! Hard to quilt when your fingers are frozen!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rowan8
So you quilt naked in the summer and in thermals in the winter, right?
I am also on the top floor of my house, south facing windows, gets up to 110 in the summer up there (at 100 I have to head downstairs) and it's cold in the winter but I have an electric wall heater that is very efficient! Hard to quilt when your fingers are frozen!!!
lol Our summers are not that hot, so not quite naked. More of hats, scarves and fingerless gloves in the winter. Not much quilting gets done, but lots of planning, sorting, and bagging of projects.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by campion
In the smallish spare bedroom alongside the Computer---that's why I don't get a lot done!!!
I have an 8 X 10 sewing room and you probably get more done than I do!
Old 10-31-2010, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the laugh today :lol: what a picture it conjured We do go to great extremes though to follow our passion. :lol:

Maybe1day
Old 10-31-2010, 03:42 PM

right now it's my Dining room. We've got an extra bedroom, but it's got all of my 23 yr olds stuff in it along with some of dh's junk. They've been promising for 2 years to get it cleaned out, and more so since she graduated college last May of this year. I'm still waiting!
Old 10-31-2010, 03:51 PM

I am one of the lucky ones.. When we moved here from FL. this house had a screen in Front Porch, I knew I would never really use it because we also have a Patio area, So my DH closed it in for me a sewing room. It has its own entrance so I actually have 2 front doors, :-D. It has a door going into my living room so I can close myself off completely. I forgot its size DH just informed it is abt. 12'by 18' Give or take an inch or so either way. BillsBonBon
Old 10-31-2010, 05:44 PM

That's exactly my problem! My son is 24 and lives & works in West Virginia (been out of the house for 4 - 5 yrs), but he still has stuff stored in his room. He has everything from hunting & kayaking stuff to guitars & lots of cd's and books. I need room for my quilting stuff & sewing machines in there. Not to mention there's also two dog crates & an inversion table in the room. I was just complaining to my DH that when I talk with my DS I will be telling him to either take most of the stuff with him or donate it. I need to clean & organize! Thanks for let me vent.

Originally Posted by chattykathy17
right now it's my Dining room. We've got an extra bedroom, but it's got all of my 23 yr olds stuff in it along with some of dh's junk. They've been promising for 2 years to get it cleaned out, and more so since she graduated college last May of this year. I'm still waiting!