Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 10-31-2010, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I am NEVER eating brownies again. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't eat sweets however every once in awhile I will have them. Christmas cookies, pie you get the idea. NEVER EVER EVER eat store bought alway homemade. Today is Halloween I baked brownies last night for DD. I had one about an hour ago. I want to die not that I had chocolate and sugar which I don't even remember the last time I had any I have the worst heartburn in the world. I feel like I will die. I never get heart burn but this borwnie did a number on me.
Oh no! Why do brownies cause heartburn, I thought it was spicy food that did that.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I'll be following, and lurking, but not joining. 48 pounds lost and counting!
I hope you will be posting you are one of the few who comment all the time. What will we do if you don't share your adventures with us?????????? :cry: :cry:
Yes I'll keep posting, thanks for asking. I have to keep up on Missy's love life. I have to know the lastest in the saga "As the Blog Turns".

:mrgreen:
Old 10-31-2010, 02:07 PM

Count me in. :)
Old 10-31-2010, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sewlmatesister
Decided after all not to sign upi!! I don't need to put any added pressure on myself, but I will be trying ang following.
I would join, I did better on my weight loss when there was a fat quarter to lose. The motivation it provides is an key conponent of losing weight and satying focused. At least it was for me.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Qbee
I think I am going to give it a try!! I stopped smoking about 7 months ago and got on the scale for the 1st time last week....NOT GOOD!!!! I need to lose about 50 so I guess ya'll will be seeing me for a LONG TIME...LOL :D
Gail,

Your avatar is ADORABLE!! I love that dog!

Missy
Thank you!! She is my "empty nest baby"...LOL :D
She's a little Maltese/Yorkie mix and as sweet as can be. She weighs in at about 4.5 pounds so she will not be joining us on our weight loss adventure....LOL :D
Old 10-31-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
I am NEVER eating brownies again. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't eat sweets however every once in awhile I will have them. Christmas cookies, pie you get the idea. NEVER EVER EVER eat store bought alway homemade. Today is Halloween I baked brownies last night for DD. I had one about an hour ago. I want to die not that I had chocolate and sugar which I don't even remember the last time I had any I have the worst heartburn in the world. I feel like I will die. I never get heart burn but this borwnie did a number on me.
Oh no! Why do brownies cause heartburn, I thought it was spicy food that did that.
Chocolate can cause heartburn :( Isn't that horrible! :cry:
Old 10-31-2010, 02:26 PM

For those of you who are following this for the first time, some of us are also doing a "fat quilts for fluffy people". We are making a block for every pound lost and making ourselves a quilt. It is very informal, and lots of fun. You are all welcome to join us. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-68430-1.htm
Old 10-31-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
For those of you who are following this for the first time, some of us are also doing a "fat quilts for fluffy people". We are making a block for every pound lost and making ourselves a quilt. It is very informal, and lots of fun. You are all welcome to join us. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-68430-1.htm
Oh thank you!! I saw that quilt and thought it must be part of this challenge...Thanks SO much for letting us know!
Old 10-31-2010, 03:00 PM

I really don't want to step on that scale, but it needs to be done.... sign me up...
no complaining, I know.... but....
Old 10-31-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nightinggale
I really don't want to step on that scale, but it needs to be done.... sign me up...
no complaining, I know.... but....
Wellll . . . we all complain about trying to lose the weight, we just don't complain when we stray off topic and start chatting about our families or Missy's love life.