Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting threads fabrics >

Connecting threads fabrics

Connecting threads fabrics

Old 11-01-2010, 03:54 AM

I just ordered from CT last night. This will be my third or fourth order. I used CT fabric in my round robin. I think the fabric is great. I definitely think it is better than JoAnns and washes up nicely. I think it feels on the thin side, but I think that about Moda too, so I guess it is a matter of preference. I would feel comfortable putting CT fabric in any of my projects. Guess I am not a fabric snob though. I don't use Wal-Mart fabric for much and I go by feel and how it looks after it has been washed to determine if I am going to use fabric in a quilt or not.

ThousandsofBolts has really raised their prices in the last year or so. I find I can get better deals on QS fabric at Fabric.com or other on-line stores.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:07 AM

Some fabric was very thin, some alot thicker.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:13 AM

And I agree...you cannot get a better fabric "feel" for the price, they are extremely good fabrics for the money...
Old 11-01-2010, 04:22 AM

I have ordered from Connecting Threads and like the prices although I think the fabric is a little thinner and it seems to ravel more. Maybe it was just what I bought. I have never tried the thread.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

I love their thread and I buy it in the big color coordinated packages, then I buy the neutrals on the big spools for piecing. Is is a little "linty" on my machine, but I just clean her at every bobbin changing and she is fine.

I've ordered FQ packs and also a kit from them also. I loved the kit (although 1 fabric was cutting it really close to being not enough). Their customer service is over the top...so any place like that...I'll keep buying from them. Its not the quality of my LQS, but it works just fine.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:55 AM

I have bought from CT several times and have not been disappointed once! The fabrics wash up very nice and keep their color. I wash everything before stored and don't press until ready to cut. Doing alot of Linus Quilts it saves money and still we get a quality blanket to a child with the CT fabrics. I like the fact that they "Theme" and group fabric.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:08 AM

If you really want to see what the fabric is like order the packages of charm squares. It is so inexpensive you can see and feel the fabric for a very low price. I ordered charm squares of almost every kind that they have and I am very pleased with what I have. I also like their thread.

Spend what you can afford for your quilts, don't just order expensive fabric because you think you have to in order to make nice quilts - nice quilts can be made with bargain fabric as well.

Also I totally disagree with people who say to use cheap, low quality fabric for charity quilts - why in heavens name give something that you think is not good enough for yourself to a charity - if it is not good enough for yourself or your family why is it good enough for someone down on their luck - the money you spend on making that cheap quilt for charity could have bought a nice heavy blanket at Wal-Mart instead. (my opinion but something that really bugs me)
Old 11-01-2010, 05:26 AM

I love Connecting Threads as well. (Joann's now supplies better quality quilting fabric also...with coupons it cant be beat)
Old 11-01-2010, 05:28 AM

I don't mean to knock one place of business or another with this statement, but has anyone ever boughten fabric to find it is so thin after washing - even though you bought it in a fabric shop? there is so much sizing in it - and once washed it was limp and you could see shadow outlines of people through it.......... I've had this happen from JoAnns' as well as some of the most expensive pieces of fabric from well-known manufacturers... so I will not put one down over the other.. I have bought buckoos of fabric, and just love making quilts and throws with them; and I'll bet with my next comment I'll get a lot of boo's but I even use polyesters for quilt tops. When you want a quilt to be able to withstand many washings as for babies, or in nursing homes where much washing is needed, these stand up to a lot of hard wear... yes, they are not the good cotton, but very substantial in use.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:32 AM

Very nice 100% American grown cotton > Love that.