Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting threads fabrics >

Connecting threads fabrics

Connecting threads fabrics

Old 11-01-2010, 05:36 AM

I have ordered several kits from Connecting Threads and like the fabric and instructions. I think the fabric is closer to a LQS than Joann's. - Cynthia
Old 11-01-2010, 06:13 AM

I have not been disappointed with their fabric
Old 11-01-2010, 06:18 AM

I get a lot of fabric and books from them. I've always been very happy with the quaility.I like that it a product of USA
Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
Hi everyone,

I am wondering what kind of fabric connecting threads has. I love some of what I see, and I just wonder what quality it is. Is it Hancock and JoAnn quality or closer to a local quilt shop quality? I am trying to watch my money, as things are tight, and am currently using most of my stash. I love to make quilts for charity but with money so tight right now, I may have to stop for a while. Anyway, let me know what you think.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:30 AM

I AGREE. MY MOM MADE ME A QUILT BEFORE SHE DIED. iT IS WHITE SQUARES WITH ALTERNATE SQUARES OF ORANGE FLOWERS IT IS BEAUTIFUL. i LOOKS AS NEW AS WHEN SHE GAVE IT TO ME THIRTY FIVE YEARS AGO.
Originally Posted by jad1044
I don't mean to knock one place of business or another with this statement, but has anyone ever boughten fabric to find it is so thin after washing - even though you bought it in a fabric shop? there is so much sizing in it - and once washed it was limp and you could see shadow outlines of people through it.......... I've had this happen from JoAnns' as well as some of the most expensive pieces of fabric from well-known manufacturers... so I will not put one down over the other.. I have bought buckoos of fabric, and just love making quilts and throws with them; and I'll bet with my next comment I'll get a lot of boo's but I even use polyesters for quilt tops. When you want a quilt to be able to withstand many washings as for babies, or in nursing homes where much washing is needed, these stand up to a lot of hard wear... yes, they are not the good cotton, but very substantial in use.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:06 AM

i have purchased quite alot of fabric from connecting threads really like everything i have received
Old 11-01-2010, 07:47 AM

I did purchase some, and I'm happy with it. Not as nice as 10.99 fabric. good place to get fabric is fabricdepot.com and fabric.com
Their sales are fabulous. Between 4 $ 5 bucks a yard. Wait for their sales,
all good brand names. get on their email list.
anyone know of another place on line????
Old 11-01-2010, 07:54 AM

Jan in Virginia, I respect your comments about the Connecting Threads fabric..........being a former shop owner. Thanks----
I have wondered about it
Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 AM

Are there any that are 100% USA? I recently worked with beautiful fabric from Robert Kauffman and it was made in China.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:37 AM

I like their fabric, and for some reason I prefer the bright fabrics. They seem to have a lot in this last catalog.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:51 AM

I have been ordering from CT for some time as well as shopping at LQS. I happen to like all of what I received and their thread is the only kind I use. Now, I am not the most knowledgeable quilter around, but what I do know is this fabric makes beautiful quilts. I store it with all of my other stash, and when I'm picking my fabrics for a quilt, I don't look and say, oh this is from CT, keep looking !!! It is nice fabric