Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by azwendyg
Just curious... (I'm new to this thread, and totally jazzed about joining y'all here, and getting to know everyone!)

How long have you been doing this challenge?

How many of you are on a specific diet plan v.s. counting calories or watching portion sizes?

How are your methods working for you? And, do you have any helpful tips to share?

So now I'll answer my own questions to share with you...
I'm new here this month, but have been deailing with "weight management" issues all my life.
As of today, I'm back on track with kind of a hybred plan of my own based on the 6 Week Body Makeover, Weight Watchers Core Plan, and whatever else seems to work for me.
My plan does work as long as I stay motivated to DO it.

Does anyone else find it humorous that the reward for winning the weight loss challege is a bunch of "Fat" quarters? 8-)
To answer your questions............I thought it was hysterical that the reward is FQ I started this by saying trade your fat for FAT's but then I changed it to weight loss challenge with a prize. It sounded nicer. I started the challenge in March and we have new signs ups every month. I lost over 20 lbs at the beginning and have slacked off the last few months do to illness, I am disabled. Lots of people come and go but there have been a few that have been doing it for months. (we have lots of weight to lose) It is a FUN thread and we have become like family and we welcome everyone with open arms. As for you getting to know us, weeeeeellllllllll are lives are like an open book on this thread. We talk about everythin and I mean everything. We all are doing different things to lose weight I count calories. I am hoping I will feel better soon as I can get back open track.

Oh and don't fret about Missy she is harmless, or so THEY say :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-01-2010, 11:10 AM

I'm in!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:11 AM

Count me in, please. I lost 4 pounds in October - for a total of around 20 pounds. Yea, me! Problem is I was down 30 pounds last May, gained over the summer, and am now STRUGGLINGGGGGGG to get back where I was.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 AM

I will do it again!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:35 AM

Count me in - sounds interesting and the bonus would be losing some weight!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:22 PM

This is terrific. I see some new names joining us. Good luck to all of you for November. I'm trying for more than 10 lbs! LOL
Old 11-01-2010, 12:30 PM

OK....so this is my first month to do this which I am SO excited about. The only bad part of the whole thing is that getting on the scale thing...ugh!!! Made myself do it this morning and seriously considered the possibility that the thing may need new batteries!!!! Ahhh.....what we will do to rationalize these pounds away. Anywhooo....I am one of those people who firmly believes in "baby steps". I quit smoking and asked nothing else of myself for the 1st month. Then I cut my Diet Cokes and added water. Kept those 2 goals going and then found myself a hobby....yes that's how I ended up here. Believe me, I went through quite a few other things looking for something that fit....mosaic glass art, Chinese Painting, Meditation Classes, Cake Decorating, etc. Needless to say...I found my passion. So now....time to finish my "get healthier" goal. My first objective to achieving this goal is to become more active. So I think for this month, while I will attempt to eat better, I will focus more on making myself go to the YMCA at least 3 times a week. I was thinking, maybe on weeks that I make it 4 times a week I will reward myself somehow...have to think about that. Thanks so much for being here to support me and everyone else on this challenging journey :D
OK Everyone...on your mark....get set....GO!!!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:31 PM

I'm in! Do I have to know how much I weigh? Ignorance is such bliss.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Qltmom
I'm in! Do I have to know how much I weigh? Ignorance is such bliss.
No you don't but someone does. Get on the scale and don't look have someone in your house look for you and have them write it down. At the end of the month do the same thing. Now since they will have to bend down to see the scale if it is a loss yyyiiiipppppeeeeeeee if it is a gain smack that person in the head.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:41 PM

haha that is funny! i could imagine myself doing that to my husband LOL!