Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge >

UFO Challenge

UFO Challenge

Old 09-20-2008, 01:19 PM

Hi Anne,

I would live to join the challenge, when does it start? I have several tops that need to be completed.

Thanks,
Andie
Old 09-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Power Poster

Hello Andie! I see you joined today. Welcome.

We start right now, if you are up to it. Mine is 20 blocks that I made November of last year and did not sew together. Well, now I have them sewn and took them to my group on Tuesday to pin. The deadline is a reasonable Dec. 31st. Pick something that you want to finish up and have at it. Make it something you feel you can actually get done. Even if it is a top only. Several ladies are doing this as well.

Have a good time. Be sure to send pictures when it is done.

Anne
Old 09-20-2008, 05:06 PM

I've taken this to heart. Currently, I'm shooting for the stars! :D No new ones till the old ones are done! At least that's what I'm going for. The new machine is making it a bit hard as there are so many new things I want to do and explore with it. And the new book DH picked up for me...

In all seriousiness:

My Charity Perinatal Quilts are at the TOP of the UFO list. I need 20 (as I started with ten and messed up the sizes, so now I'll be making double, hence what caused it to be put on the back burner in the first place). I started out Three days ago with 6, and some not done tops. Now after careful work, I have 10! WOW, I didn't count it till just this minute, that's half way! Yippie! I also have 3 tops that are ready to quilt, so that's progress. :)

Then comes the dreaded 18 point full bed star. UGH! What a pain that one has been. I have 70 square inches of it done, and it's headed for 108". :P

For a bit of personal joy and recreation my current quilt will be waiting for the two UFO's above. But I'd like to complete all three done by Christmas, with the full/queen top I have in the closet quilted by the New Year, oh my. It feels a bit much when I type it out like that.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:12 PM

I put the binding on 2 quilts for bunkbeds I have. Here is a picture of one complete with the cat.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-38231.jpe
Views:	54
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	38231  
Old 09-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Power Poster

Now, Elizabeth. Don't over load yourself. It sounds like an awful lot to be done by Dec. 31.

Mary, I love your quilt, and the kitty also.

Anne
Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 AM

Oh Mary what a pretty photo! Did the cat decide it was nap worthy?

Anne, don't worry two are Christmas quilts a must be done. There's no two ways about it, after all I have in fabric, I can't afford to buy them other gifts. :D And a part of me would just be heart broken to not get the perinatal quilts done. :)

Okay, that's the spur I needed, off the pc and back to the machine. :D If I didn't like it so much it would be pressure. LOL
Old 09-21-2008, 01:41 PM

Mary I really like your quilt.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:57 PM

Hey, Mary Quite, I sure love those colors -- the purples with the yellows. I not usually a purple person, but this really caught my eye. And those stars are great. lol G
Old 09-21-2008, 03:05 PM

Thank you for your kind comments. I got those 2 done. I wasn't real happy with them which is why they got put on a back burner. I needed this to get them done. Now how many other UFOs are out there?
Old 09-21-2008, 05:27 PM

Well Mary, now that one's behind you. I bet if we all searched through our closets, drawers, and boxes (or wherever else we stuff those unfinished items), we'd find more than we remember that we have. I just this evening thought about a UFO I really need to tackle. When I retired 11 years ago, I made a quilt with my school t-shirts. Didn't use all of them and "vowed" to make another one "soon." Well, the t-shirts are cut and ready to be stitched to sashing, etc. Many more t-shirts have been added to the stack -- those vacation t-shirts, etc. That's what I'll do. If I can get the top made, I will be happy. Thanks for the inspiration. lol