Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting threads fabrics >

Connecting threads fabrics

Connecting threads fabrics

Old 11-02-2010, 12:03 PM

Also, JoAnn's fabrics have gotten very expensive! Their quality hasn't gone up but their prices have!
Old 11-02-2010, 04:20 PM

CircleSquare ... I agree!

I was shocked a couple of weeks ago when looking at the Christmas fabric at Joanns ... some of it was $9.99 and $12.99 and it was so thin you could see thru it! There was some nice fabrics tho for less, including some of the Debbi Mumm Xmas fabrics and all of it was 50% off.

The fabrics that were calling my name were put in my cart, I know it gets picked over fast and not worth waiting for it to get discounted more.

The Connecting threads fabrics are just great.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 11-02-2010, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by inletjerry
I emailed the Connecting Threads catalog to my daughters to shop from for me. The prices are good, the quality is good, and the service is good. Sometimes they complain that I am hard to buy for, so figured I would help them a little, even sent them my wish list. How good is that?
A lady after my own heart! My lovely DIL asked if I had ideas on what I want for Christmas...I told her there are a couple of quilt books I'd like, but they are pricey (for me). She told me to let her know the titles and the kids pool their money and get gifts for DH and me. That wasy it isn't so spendy for them, either.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:40 PM

The 'wasy' in my last post was supposed to be 'way'. Oops!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:08 PM

hi its froggy here. lived in vancouver wa for years, connecting threads was based there and had a retail store that was fabulous. they moved and only do it out of their warehouse ow. I love their fabrics. good grade of cotton is used and they are always acommodating.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:49 PM

Made a small error the other day stating that I got 15 yds of fabric. Actually it was 15 different fabrics, 16 yds for only $50.48

Here is a photo of what I received. The colors are not completely accurate, but close.

I got the browns/tans for a 'fractured 4 patch' quilt for my dd. And the red/black/white to add to my stash for quilt for my other dd. I added the kanji tone on tones to add to my Asian stash.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

Several were on clearance for $2.48 yd
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118771[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-118766.jpe
Views:	22
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	118771  
Old 11-04-2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
Hi everyone,

I am wondering what kind of fabric connecting threads has. I love some of what I see, and I just wonder what quality it is. Is it Hancock and JoAnn quality or closer to a local quilt shop quality? I am trying to watch my money, as things are tight, and am currently using most of my stash. I love to make quilts for charity but with money so tight right now, I may have to stop for a while. Anyway, let me know what you think.
I love their fabric. Fantastic prices - They have a weekly sales - Wed - Tues - usually the fabric is $2.96/yd - & their clearance fabrics are a great price. Also, they have free shipping for orders over $50. It's a Win - Win situation
Old 11-04-2010, 05:32 PM

I like the fabric there. Have purchased it and used it. I think its wonderful
Old 11-04-2010, 05:54 PM

I've also purchased from them, and I adore their fabric. I've done the pre-washing, and non pre-washing before I've made quilts, and I have to say that what I received (from their Cheep Talk) line did not ravel at all and I only had to trim a tiny bit to square up my edges.

I've paid $10 and over at my LQS, and lost over 1" with prewashing.

For my money I love Connecting Threads. I think their fabric is wonderful, it's a good quality, one of the best I've gotten for the price.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:07 PM

I order from CT all the time..They have lots of books at a very good price..mostly 40% off.. I have an order on the way now.. Must have at least 50 spools of thread from them... Last year I placed a big order and they doubled it but only charged me for the single order... Being the honest person that I am, I called them and told them what happened and said since I saw one of the bundles I ordered was then on sale I'd like to keep it and buy it... They sent me a pre-paid postage and lable to mail the other things back to them but told me to keep the bundle I wanted for my trouble and it was about $20.00... So you can't beat their service... I always receive my shipments in just a few days and I live on the southeast coast...