Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Keeping your cat off the ironing board >

Keeping your cat off the ironing board

Keeping your cat off the ironing board

Old 11-05-2010, 08:46 AM

Squirt her with water when she jumps on it.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:52 AM

After reading all the tips I tried the water bottle on her and she did not like it but it took quite a few shots of water before she stopped jumping up on the ironing board. She is kind of stuburn cat at times. She resorted to bitting me a few time for shooting her with water so I sprayed her for that to!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
After reading all the tips I tried the water bottle on her and she did not like it but it took quite a few shots of water before she stopped jumping up on the ironing board. She is kind of stuburn cat at times. She resorted to bitting me a few time for shooting her with water so I sprayed her for that to!
LOL Was she in need of a bath? :)
Old 11-05-2010, 09:04 AM

Hi, in response to your question about keeping the cat off of things! We have one cat we allow in the house and when he would get upon furniture we too would use a spray bottle filled with water to spray at him and tell him no every time we caught him upon any furniture. It has worked for us, it won't harm your cat just hopefully discourage him as it has our cat Trapper. My husband and I have been married 43 years and this cat is the first one that has been allowed in the house. My dear husband does not allow cats in the house as a rule, but because water has kept Trapper off of the furniture,counter,etc. he is in and out as he pleases. He has grown on my husband too as he never much liked cats before,could be because we have an empty nest now and Trapper is good company too.GoodLuck and I too am sorry about your burn, take care.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:46 AM

Your cat looks like my Smokey, we used a squirt bottle and it worked when he wanted to leave anyway. Usually he just squinted and took the blast of water. His way or the hi-way.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:48 AM

If you have a spray or mister, spray the cat. after awhile, all you have to do it go "ack", and act like your going to get the sprayer and the cat will take off, not liking the spray.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:51 PM

I don't try If I'm using it I use a water bottle other wise I use a lint roller and always have a spare iron just in case it gets knocked to the floor and breaks.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:05 PM

When shooing my cats from the sewing room I just say "OUT" and they know that if they don't go I will spray them. After OUT I say MOVE IT! and they are usually out before I can get the spray bottle.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:05 PM

mine don't get on the ironing board - just my squares as I'm trying to position them! good luck & take care of that burn
Old 11-05-2010, 03:22 PM

I read somewhere that Cat's don't like aluminum foil. try covering your ironing board with aluminum foil. Once it jumps up there a couple of time and lands on aluminum foil, it may decide to stop trying.
Vineger is good for burns. Dip a wash cloth in Vinegar, and apply ice using the vinegar wash cloth between your skin and the ice pack. It takes a long time to stop the burning, but it works. I severly burned my finger on the waffle iron one morning just before a long car trip. I loaded the ice chest with ice and a bottle of vinegar. I grabbed a tiny 2 oz cup from my kids kitchen set. I put one ice cube in the cup with an ounce of vinegar. I soaked my finger in the cup until the ice melted. Then I dumped it out and refilled it with new vinegar and another ice cube and soaked it again until the ice melted. I kept it up for 4 hours, until we arrived at our vacation destination. The pain was completely gone. My finger was pruney, but the burning pain never returned. It works every time. For sunburns, you can soak in the bathtub with a gallon of vingar in the bath water. Soak as long as you can... the vinegar actually reverses the damage so that it doesn't continue to burn.