Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your favorite tip that you got from this site. >

What is your favorite tip that you got from this site.

What is your favorite tip that you got from this site.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by JCL in FL
there is a tute on glue binding at quiltgallery.com it's by Sharon Schamber. I've been doing on all my quilts the last few years and it's great.
I will go see this one, it's just what I need. This site is using up a great dealof my free time. but it is not wasted time, as I learn many things every time I come on board.

Thanks to all you wonderful people.

Kate
Old 11-05-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Becky Crafts
I'm very new here and to quilting in general, but the one about the blades for my Olfa cutter from Harbor Freight has been incredible for me. I too learn something new daily here and am immensely thankful to be a part of this wonderful group! Thank you all!
I could not find any blades on their websites. Am I not looking in thr right place?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:17 PM

That this is the best quilting site on the Whole Wide Web!!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
I'm very new here and to quilting in general, but the one about the blades for my Olfa cutter from Harbor Freight has been incredible for me. I too learn something new daily here and am immensely thankful to be a part of this wonderful group! Thank you all!
I could not find any blades on their websites. Am I not looking in thr right place?
They're carpet cutter blades and our members have cleaned out the supply all over the country. However, our local HF still had the carpet cutters for $3.99 which included two extra blades - still a good deal.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:09 PM

I have learned much here, but one simple thing that comes to mind is putting something white behind your machine needle when you are threading it. I have the auto threader on machine, but looks to me like it could easily break, so I thread by hand.
Putting something white behind needle really saves a lot of naughty words.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:38 PM

I agree on this tip also. My husband just picked up two packages for me and they cut better than Olfa. Let's not tell Harbor Freight or they might raise the price. :)

However, the greatest part of this forum for me has been the dear friend I have met. We have written back and forth for about 2 months and I even found myself buying fabric for her in her favorite color (pink), which I hate. I am very grateful for her, and of course, for all of you.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:44 PM

Finding SewBids.com where you can bid literally pennies and end up with a bolt of batting and cutters for the Accuquilt Go fabric cutter. It is a penny auction site especially for crafters and quilters. Not alliliated but I am one happy customer. ~Debi
Old 11-05-2010, 03:46 PM

starch and tutorials for sure. never starched till started reading this board!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:49 PM

If you check out SewBids.com be sure to register for free bids and please go to the page where you can give me credit for your visit to the site. Use Fireraven to get free bids.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
They are in the carpet layer section. Used to cut carpet.