Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours. >

Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:27 PM

It was a few days after Easter and my granddaughter was getting a real talking to from my daughter for putting her dirty clothes under her bed instead of in the hamper - "How many times do I have to tell you? When I telll you to put your clothes in the hamper, I mean put them in the hamper! If I find your dirty clothes under the bed again, I'll really get angry. Do you understand me?" To which my DGD marches partway down the hall to deposit said clothes, stopped, turned and said "No wonder the Easter bunny didn't bring you nothing!!" We laughed till we cried!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned

Our Granddaughter Lori was a little confused on how God created the world...but Jesus died for our sins and they are one God.......our DDIL did her best to explain to her how we serve and love one God, but that he has three parts that have different 'jobs'. Lori looked at her Mom so sweetly and said, 'So Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit are like puzzle pieces and you put them together and get one special God puzzle'......I'd say that sums it up pretty good.............bopeep
Old 11-05-2010, 06:38 PM

Same DGD went to church with Grandpa and me and at 3 yrs. old, when we sang a hymn, she would stand on the pew with her little New Testament upside down and sing "Delta Dawn" at the top of her lungs! Even the preacher couldn't keep a straight face! She's now a country singer, imagine that!!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:17 PM

I had my sweet little GD for her first 'overnighter'.. had a bit of trouble getting her to sleep in gramma's extra bed.. and she woke several times in the night.. so I finally just crawled in with her.. next time she woke up I told her we'd get up in the morning and have breakfast.... She woke up at about 5 am.. I'm still wanting to sleep... so I gently tug her up close to me and say, we'll get up pretty soon.. sleep closes my eyes.. at which she reaches over with her tiny little fingers and prys one open while exclaiming "but gramma, MY EYES ARE OPEN!" We got up and made some tea. There's just no rest for the weary.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes
what a cutie!! i'm still in my 20's so no grandkids but the other day i was cleaning the cat box(i know gross, eh?) and my little guy came over laughing and said,"what are you doing momma? digging for treasures?" and then cracked up. that was pretty funny and clever for his age.
In our family when someone was sent outside for a "Treasure Hunt" it meant they were to pick up the dog poop!
Cute, We called it "Tootsie Roll Patrol"!!!
My dad used to tell us to go pick up the cigars.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:01 PM

I was getting ready for work, first day on part-time job, had put a dress on (usually wore pants all the time) and DS at 2 yo looked at me and said, "I didn't know you were a lady!" I looked at him and said, "What did you think I was?" and he said, "A mom."

DD at about 15 yo was very interested in animals of all kinds, but particularly interested in wild animals. We were at a restaurant talking about what she wants to do as an adult. She nonchalantly said, "I want to work with erotic animals." That sounded good to me and my husband, but our 11 DS (the same as the one above) said, don't you mean exotic animals???? We all laughed so hard, had tears rolling down our faces.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:25 PM

When my grandson, Noah, was about 4, he told his daddy he wanted to see the swimming pool at church. (He meant the baptistry). His daddy took him to see it and tried to explain a little bit about what it meant. I later asked Noah if he saw something special at church that morning - he said, yes, I saw the badtistry. It's where bad people to be badtized!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
When my daughter (now 19) was around 3 we were walking her brother to school on our usual route. When we got to the cross walk she stopped us & told us we had to be very careful because Jesus died on the crosswalk!! That is still a family classic!
OMG! I think that one is my favorite so far! It reminds me of many years ago when I was a school bus driver and one morning one of my Kindergartners was terribly excited because she was going to Amy's house after school to play. Then she told me, "And Amy lives on a dead rear-end!"
Old 11-05-2010, 08:39 PM

Every morning my son, his wife and their two kids, (7 and 2) spend time reading from the Bible and prayers. However, the 7 year old will not join the rest of the family until he has brushed his teeth because he says "ya can't have stinky breathe when you're talking to God!"
Old 11-05-2010, 08:54 PM

My 10-month-old DGD was taking a nap a couple weeks ago, so my DD, her mother, decided to take a nap as well (same room, different beds). My DD heard my DGD when she woke up, so she rolled over and said, "Hey," to which my DGD promptly replied, "Hi baby!" :lol: