Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-06-2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
My sister takes Zumba classes and loves it. I had never heard of it before.

Missy they used to think that the bigger women were better at bearing good healthy boys that could work hard.

If you ask my DH he will tell you that once you have had fat you never go back.
I am thinking of taking a beginning zumba class. I hear it's so much fun. However, at my age (I'm old) I probably won't be able to do an hour class. But....my yoga is 75 minutes and I can now twist and turn much, much better---even sit on the floor!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Missy is doing better, I am sewing the last few days. I am not really up but I am able to hand sew the pincushions in bed. And Carries family probably had a 24 hour bug and are now buggin her today.
I am so happy Missy is feeling better. Thank the good LOrd. I have been sewing all week trying to get my Christmas gifts done. Whew!!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Missy where are you staying?????????????
I am at the Holiday Inn Suites. I love it here!

Missy
You sound so much better, Missy. I am so glad---I was worried about you, my dear. Take care of yourself and I have been praying for you. Love ya
Donna
Old 11-06-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
My sister takes Zumba classes and loves it. I had never heard of it before.

Missy they used to think that the bigger women were better at bearing good healthy boys that could work hard.

If you ask my DH he will tell you that once you have had fat you never go back.
I am thinking of taking a beginning zumba class. I hear it's so much fun. However, at my age (I'm old) I probably won't be able to do an hour class. But....my yoga is 75 minutes and I can now twist and turn much, much better---even sit on the floor!!!
OK, I know I'm pretty much out of the loop when it comes to new fads, trends, celebrities, etc.. but what is zumba? isn't there a computer game by that name?? :?
Old 11-06-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Qbee
I would be taking the walls down. Wish I had a belly like that!
OMGosh...isn't that the truth! And you know what my DD said when she saw the pic??
"She's kind of got a tummy doesn't she" :shock: :shock: :shock:
It must be nice to be 17 and have the best body you will ever have....boy is she in for a shock in about 20 years!
Hehe! That is funny. I did some research last year about belly dancing and the best belly dancers were always the bigger girls NOT the skinny minnies. They were always way more popular amongst the menfolk.

Good grief I wish I had that belly and those hips!!

Oh hey after my surgery and I lose all this weight I am soo gonna get hooked up with a belly dancing class. That and I want to learn how to zumba. Now THAT is cool and sexy.

Missy
Hula hopping is really fun too. It is actually a lot like Zumba. You have to have a professional hoop though.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:08 AM

Zumba is kind of like a new version of aerobics. I think I would pass out in 10 minutes! But I would like to try yoga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4
Old 11-06-2010, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Happymom6ny
Originally Posted by Happymom6ny
Hi.. I need to lose weight and now that I'm in my 40's it's been really hard and I just keep gaining and I dont pig out or munch all day and I'm not a couch potato...lol But if you dont mind I would like to check back here even though I'm not signed up. I didnt see this post until last night because I'm a newbie and theres so much to look at on this board :)
May I ask how everyone is losing their weight? Maybe something will work that I havent tried. I need to lose between 40 to 50 pounds and that will put me to the weight I'm use to. I see you talk about recipes being here, are they on this post? Thanks everyone :)
Do you know what your weight was on Nov 1 or 2? Since you are a newbie I will still let you join in the fun. We are easy going here and as long as it is within the first week I let people join even through it is late and sign ups are suppose to be closed. I can't turn someone away who needs our support to get healthy. So just let me know if you want to join or just lurk.

Where in NY are you?????????
Oh that will be great if I can join. Yes I knew what my weight was because I check it pretty much. Ok I wrote my weight down....Thanks so much :) oh I'm on Long Island...
WHERE?????????????????? on the island are you??????????? I grow up in Baldwin and then moved to Sufffolk lived in Patchogue when I fist got married then raised my children in Bayport.
WOW .. I'm in coram. Where is Bayport? We've been here on LI going on 10 yrs.We are from Va.

Thank you everyone for responding back to how your losing your weight. I had a personal training last year plus eating right and lost almost 30 pds plus 30 inches everywhere, then my training moved away and boy did the weight come back on and now I'm back to where I started. It would of been so easy just to keep up the workouts myself and I didnt. Guess I thought since I was building muscle and getting tone that the weight wouldnt come back or atleast that fast but it did :( Wish I would learn....LOL
Old 11-06-2010, 02:05 PM

Everyone is feeling better. Eli's still not hungry but he got up this morning in a good mood and no fever and DH is up and watching tv. I sure hope he goes to work today!! LOL! I have got to get off here and get busy. Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.
YAY!! No more barfing!!! Gotta love a day where no one has to barf.

Missy
Old 11-06-2010, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
When you fast do you drink plain water?
Actually, I do consume no more than 500 liquid calories during the day. Most of it is in the form of heavy whipping cream added to cups of decaf coffee (almost pure fat) and a couple of soft-boiled eggs. The trick is to make sure that there is less than 100 calories consumed for each intake. So I actually spike my intake right before bedtime when I use a 1/4 cup of cream to wash down the supplements that I take (vitamin D and folic acid).

Today's intake will be 494 calories total. The amazing thing is: I AM NOT HUNGRY! :D Also, no shakes from the lack of calories.

I learned about Alternate Day Fasting from the Paleo Nutrition groups. Especially from the folks who visit www.PaNu.com. That's a blog that is written by a Dr Kurt Harris. He's done a ton of reading of old studies and has found out that most studies are deliberately skewed to support low fat/high carb diets and the USDA food pyramid. He has a "How to lose weight" page that is superb and a "12 Step - Get Started" program. I've accomplished all but #9 and #12 and I'm working on #9. I am going to start that 30 day shred Monday after my husband's gone to work. I LOVE cheese and I make my own home-made cream cheese so I will probably never give up #12.

ETA: Feast or Famine diet
Old 11-06-2010, 02:07 PM

Oh, and I do drink a gallon of water, actually about 132 oz.