Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours. >

Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:38 AM

I was talking to my Grandma on the phone one day when my DD was about 2. Grandma wanted to say hello, so I handed the phone to DD who listened for a minute then handed me back the telephone and said "It's your grandma, you talk to her!" I felt terrible for my grandma, but she just told me "kids say the darndest things".
Old 11-06-2010, 09:38 AM

When my youngest daughter was about 7 yrs old she found this big fat siamese cat in our yard. She brought it into the house for me to see. She said she thought it was going to have kittens and wanted to know if she could have one. Then she told me she thought the cat belonged down the street. I told her to take it home and ask the owner if she could have a kitten when they were born. She came back and told me that the lady said the cat wasn't going to have kittens cause it had been notorized.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kathi in PA
My 4 year old GS isn't allowed to say farting in public, so I had him and his 2 yr. old sister at Walmart and she let a stinker. He proudly exclaimed "Elyse, your hiney is talking!" I thought the elderly lady in front of us would have a heart attack.

Kathi in PA
:lol:lol..."talk to me sweet lips!"

that's what my brother used to say on the back of the bus after 'letting' one! yes...real couth there!
(I sat several rows ahead...an only child! ;) )
Old 11-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Power Poster

My oldest DD called two days ago to relate what her 7 year old had been up to:
My dd: I got a phone call earlier from anne's teacher. She put Anne on the phone and insisted she tell me what she did.
DD to Anne: So, what did you do today?
Anne: Well, me and Jeremy were playing Ninja and I was going to kick him in the tummy, but I accidentally missed and kicked his private parts.
DD: Well, I guess you know what this means when you get home?
Anne: I guess it means you think I should be in trouble.:lol:

The little boy is alright and insisted on defending Anne.
I told DD keep the focus on the kicking and not on the "where".
She agreed.
Then she said the little boy was loyal, to which I said, "You might also want to explain that it's not a good idea to hurt little boys that you might grow up to marry and want to procreate with!":XD:
Old 11-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Power Poster

My grandson Zach has autism and he has a quick quick wit! I bought him a pet pillow this morning shaped like a bumble bee. He is obsessed with the Wiggles kid show. He is also in 4th grade(he's 9) and loves to spell words. I asked him what show has a bumblebee at the start of the show. He didn't answer me so I rephrased it Does your Wiggles show start with a BEE? He says straight faced "No it starts with a W!!!!" LOL LOL
Old 11-06-2010, 01:41 PM

It was Halloween last year when one of our gd age 5 asked me what I was going to be for Halloween and I told her I was going to be "maw maw" which is what they call me. She smiled and said "aww so pretty". Then she asked her "paw paw" what he was going to be and he answered "paw paw" and her responce was eeewwww. Too funny!
Old 11-06-2010, 02:20 PM

Don't you just love them?

I was blessed to spend the day with my 3yr. old GD at her house and we were getting ready for breakfast and I could not reach the cereal bowls in the first cupboard I opened so I just closed it as she told me she wanted a bowl from the next cupboard. Well I could reach that one and we went on with our breakfast and had just a great day. When my Daughter and her husband got home we were sitting at the counter having a snack and little Sophia looked at her Daddy and said "Daddy nanny needs a ladder". All I could do was giggle under my breath as we talked about our day. On my home I called them to let them know what was so funny. I guess they kinda giggled too. I just love my Grand babies.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:41 PM

When Luas was 5 we were discussing how someone became aGrand parent, why I wasn't called 'grandma' by his cousins ( I married into the family, he is my daughter's son) they call me vickie... any way I got to the part where I was explaining that to be a grand parent you had to have children that had children. He understood that made people old, I asked if her thought I was old... his reply was" Some of your skin is old, and some is not" I'm still laughing 2 years later!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:14 PM

several years ago, i was chatting with my oldest dd about how i had gained some weight (another of menopause's gifts) and how i really needed to get in shape..

dgs, about 5ish, looks up at me and says, "you're in shape grammy, round is a shape"
Old 11-07-2010, 02:51 AM

I thought of another, this one was from my oldest GD. She was about 9 years old and had stayed overnight and I asked her what she wanted for breakfast. She replied dippy eggs because your are the best and I asked her if mommy makes them for her. She said yes, but she breaks the yolks. I said that it takes practice and she sweetly replied yep and when mommy gets old like you, hers will be pretty good. It took all I had to keep from laughing.

Kathi in PA