Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Tru you should make your blocks. You deserve it!!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
I tried so many different diets over the years that I have come to a point where I find it very difficult to buy into any "diet plan". Right now I am just trying to eat healthier, cut back on the Pepsi (we all know I WON'T give it up), and move a little more. The positive I have taken away from two months of no weight loss, is that I seem to have found a workable method to stop weight gain. So, when I do manage to lose the weight I am confident I will be able to maintain it. Please don't think that I am denigrating any diet plan. There are many good ones out there, just not for me.
You will lose weight, it will just be slower than if you "diet." I would add drinking more water. I gave up sweet tea, I drank about a half gallon daily, as I drank so much water I couldn't drink tea anymore.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:50 AM

[quote=trupeach1]
Originally Posted by Happymom6ny

WOW .. I'm in coram. Where is Bayport? We've been here on LI going on 10 yrs.We are from Va.
[/quote

About 8 miles from Coram. Take 112 south to Patchogue and Montauk Hwy, make a right and you will go through Blue Point and then it is Bayport.

where in VA I know someone that lives in Farmville. Sje use to live in Bayport buit moved almost 10 years ago.
WOW you are really close. We lived in Spotsylvania va and still have family there and my oldest son lives there as well.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Good morning my quilting and weightloss family. Today is new day and I have lots to do that i don't want to do. LOL.
I just wanted to say HI and to wish you all a wonderful Sunday or whatever day is it in your part of the world.
I am feeling good this morning even if I was up at 6 am. It will take me 2 weeks to adjust to the time change. I wish they would just do away with it.
I got to visit with my folks last night, we hadn't seen them in 3 weeks. Dad is a long haul truck driver. He looked at me and said how much weight have you lost? He said your face looks smaller and your clothing is baggy. It felt real good to have someone notice. I think I will be getting new clothing for Christmas from them. I will really need them by then.
I will stop rambling now, guess I am in a talkative mood this morn.
Doesn't it make you feel great to have someone notice you've lost weight!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
As you can see I am still here, alive and kicking. Last week I hit the dreaded 185 and I said above that was my suicide weight since I PROMISED myself when I went below it I would never get there again. It seems when I would re hit 185 I would gain and gain and be over 200 lbs again. Well since I was out of bed more thia week and able to not live on bread and butter and had real food I would like you to know I LOST 2 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yipppppppeeeeeeeeee

Now I don't know if that counts as a loss to start my fat quilt. I have yet to make any blocks since I was not losing but gained. What do you think so I deserve 2 blocks or not?????????
You deserve two blocks!

It's funny, 185 is your panic weight, it's my next goal to reach. Life is all relative isn't it.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:57 AM

Tru my total loss is 31lbs. My cloths are 2 sizes to big! I was up to 4X. I wiegh 234.5 now, 4 more pounds and I will be where I was 18yrs. ago. YAY!! I wish I was at 185 like you!!!
WOW!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:36 AM

Wow everyone is doing so good today. I'm glad to see smiles all around. I had Pumpkin pie oats for breakfast it was like eating pumpkin pie for breakfast Yummo

Pumpkin Pie Oats.

14 0z can pumpkin
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
3 cups oats
4 cups water

Put pumpkin,spice,and water in pan.Bring to boil.Add oats and cook according to oats pkg. 1 cup=179 cal. 6g.fiber
6g. protien.

I eat a 1 cup serving and add 1 tsp. maple syrup and 1/2 cup almond breeze. total 215 cal
Old 11-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Banned

Tru my total loss is 31lbs. My cloths are 2 sizes to big! I was up to 4X. I wiegh 234.5 now, 4 more pounds and I will be where I was 18yrs. ago. YAY!! I wish I was at 185 like you!!!
Carrie you are doing great. and wishes do come true you will get to be 185 just keep plugging away. but I thought you said hubby said once you have fat you never go back do you want to be thin or just plump not fat?????????? I think it is great you are down 2 sizes I wear stretchie everything so I know some stuff is bigger but I don't know how many sizes I went down. The funniest was when my underpants here falling off. Since last Jan I lost 26 lb so I guees it will take me another year to lose the other 24. As long as we are all doing this together I guess I will continue. I really think if it wasn't for everyone on this thread I would have given up months ago.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bronald
Wow everyone is doing so good today. I'm glad to see smiles all around. I had Pumpkin pie oats for breakfast it was like eating pumpkin pie for breakfast Yummo

Pumpkin Pie Oats.

14 0z can pumpkin
3 cups oats
4 cups water

Put pumpkin,spice,and water in pan.Bring to boil.Add oats and cook according to oats pkg. 1 cup=179 cal. 6g.fiber
6g. protien.

I eat a 1 cup serving and add 1 tsp. maple syrup and 1/2 cup almond breeze. total 215 cal
OMG this sounds so good. I am allergic to pumpkin so I replace it with sweet potatoes. I have to try.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by bronald

Pumpkin Pie Oats.

14 0z can pumpkin
3 cups oats
4 cups water

6g. protien.

Drooling here!!!!!