Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you making for Christmas? >

What are you making for Christmas?

What are you making for Christmas?

Old 11-07-2010, 05:53 AM

Just finished the top of a Christmas Sample for my daughter. I sent it off to be quilted. It had to many different sizes of blocks, and I just didn't know how to quilt it. Also saw a cute placemat in Quilter's World using the hand prints, and 1 shoed foot of a child to make a reindeer placemat. Justed stated that for my grandson and granddaughter.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:11 AM

I have made a quilt for my son and 1 for my DIL. Some cloth napkins and I have embroidered beach towels for each of them.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:15 AM

We have four children and I am making placemats for each family. 16 in all, and I have 5 yet to finish. Maybe I can put pictures on when I finish sometime this next week.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:48 AM

Christmas? I haven't even thought about it. I am having trouble getting in the mood to sew. I go in my sewing room and see all the projects I need to work on and am overwhelmed. I am still recovering from knee replacement with therapy three times a week and tired so know that has alot to do with it. Maybe today will be the day.
Merry Christmas, oh it should be Happy Thanksgiving first!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:15 AM

I have 2 1/2 quilts to complete. I keep telling myself to get off the computer and get busy. I have decided that someone will get an unfinished quilt. I wish I could take about 2 weeks off work and just work on them every day.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:19 AM

mug rugs, table runners, sofa runners, 2 quilts, a couple of aprons and start a commissioned quilt from antique blocks
Old 11-07-2010, 07:22 AM

Making table matts for the crochet Christmas trees I am crocheting to set them on. Also making some runners.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:34 AM

great idea!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:45 AM

I'd love the pattern of the snap bag. Can you share or PM me?
And I love the idea of Batik napkins, never thought about batik before.
I had a goal of a quilt for each member by Christmas, needed 20, but only got 9 to the quilter, but only 5 back, one ended up being a wedding quilt. Have 12 to go? Won't make it, have 4 cut, but no way. So I changed 6 to either flannel or fleece or mica blankets, and crocheted around 4 polar fleece blankets for toddlers. We have tradition of homemade christmas gifts, like food, my eyes where bigger than my (stomach) or ability/time.
I also do machine embroidery, so each family is getting a blanket (6), making aprons (8), slippers, child totes (6), Holiday table clothes with set of napkins (6), kitchen towel sets (7 days x 8), FSL ornament set of 12(for 8), set of bath towels (20), set of kids beach towels (6). So, LOTS of embroidery to get done yet, and working on the 6 twin quilts & a king for mom.
Oh, and I do lots of home canning, everyone gets a case of asst. jams & a case of salsa, sauce, pickles.
Isn't Christmas the best time of year, I love making gifts!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:46 AM

For my sewing Girls I plan on making those nifty sewing table trash bags with the pin cushion top :) Maybe even one for me!