Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-07-2010, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by bronald
Wow everyone is doing so good today. I'm glad to see smiles all around. I had Pumpkin pie oats for breakfast it was like eating pumpkin pie for breakfast Yummo

Pumpkin Pie Oats.

14 0z can pumpkin
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
3 cups oats
4 cups water

Put pumpkin,spice,and water in pan.Bring to boil.Add oats and cook according to oats pkg. 1 cup=179 cal. 6g.fiber
6g. protien.

I eat a 1 cup serving and add 1 tsp. maple syrup and 1/2 cup almond breeze. total 215 cal
OMG this sounds so good. I am allergic to pumpkin so I replace it with sweet potatoes. I have to try.
I'm sure yams,sweet potatoes or squash would work. The benefit is all that fiber.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Banned

Sooooooooooo I have a request. I don't know how to post pic. Maryjane has posted a few for me for the board. The way I did it was Joyce took the pic with her phone and e-mailed it to me I then e-mail it to Maryjane and she posted it. If I make my 2 fat blocks and Joyce takes a pic for me could I e-mail it to someone so that you can post it for me on this thread and on the fat quilt thread?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Tru my total loss is 31lbs. My cloths are 2 sizes to big! I was up to 4X. I wiegh 234.5 now, 4 more pounds and I will be where I was 18yrs. ago. YAY!! I wish I was at 185 like you!!!
Carrie you are doing great. and wishes do come true you will get to be 185 just keep plugging away. but I thought you said hubby said once you have fat you never go back do you want to be thin or just plump not fat?????????? I think it is great you are down 2 sizes I wear stretchie everything so I know some stuff is bigger but I don't know how many sizes I went down. The funniest was when my underpants here falling off. Since last Jan I lost 26 lb so I guees it will take me another year to lose the other 24. As long as we are all doing this together I guess I will continue. I really think if it wasn't for everyone on this thread I would have given up months ago.
Before I found this thread I hadn't even tried to lose weight, I had given up. You gave me a reason to try again. I did lose that first month, and that has given me the incentive to continue. That, and all the fun that I have here!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Tru my total loss is 31lbs. My cloths are 2 sizes to big! I was up to 4X. I wiegh 234.5 now, 4 more pounds and I will be where I was 18yrs. ago. YAY!! I wish I was at 185 like you!!!
Carrie you are doing great. and wishes do come true you will get to be 185 just keep plugging away. but I thought you said hubby said once you have fat you never go back do you want to be thin or just plump not fat?????????? I think it is great you are down 2 sizes I wear stretchie everything so I know some stuff is bigger but I don't know how many sizes I went down. The funniest was when my underpants here falling off. Since last Jan I lost 26 lb so I guees it will take me another year to lose the other 24. As long as we are all doing this together I guess I will continue. I really think if it wasn't for everyone on this thread I would have given up months ago.
Before I found this thread I hadn't even tried to lose weight, I had given up. You gave me a reason to try again. I did lose that first month, and that has given me the incentive to continue. That, and all the fun that I have here!
I can't remember what is your total loss???????
Old 11-07-2010, 08:10 AM

WOW everyone is doing so great! I'm like a yoyo up 1 or 2 pds down 1 or 2 pds. I just cant seem to lose and I dont have a problem gaining. I just really need to start losing because I'm feeling it in my body with hurting. I'm not used to carring this weight.

Keep giving info on how your losing I sure am enjoying reading them and the recipes.

I havent lost anything yet...
Old 11-07-2010, 08:10 AM

So far I have only lost 4 pounds. I need to lose at least 40 more, and would love to lose 55 so I have a ways to go. The best part is that I have stopped gaining, yay!

PS - Tru I would be happy to post pics for you, or walk you through doing it yourself. :P
Old 11-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Trupeach DH did say that and he has never said anything about my weight, he loves me either way. I'm the one whose tired of carrying all this around and with a family history of heart disease and diabetes I decided it was time for a change plus I still have a little one to raise.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Happymom6ny
WOW everyone is doing so great! I'm like a yoyo up 1 or 2 pds down 1 or 2 pds. I just cant seem to lose and I dont have a problem gaining. I just really need to start losing because I'm feeling it in my body with hurting. I'm not used to carring this weight.

Keep giving info on how your losing I sure am enjoying reading them and the recipes.

I havent lost anything yet...
Hang in there sometimes it take awhile for you body to adjust to a new way of eating then all of a sudden BOOM it will come off. That happened to me then there was no loss for awhile. We have to stick to it, it is not like when we were young we have to work really hard to lose as we age.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Banned

Trupeach DH did say that and he has never said anything about my weight, he loves me either way. I'm the one whose tired of carrying all this around and with a family history of heart disease and diabetes I decided it was time for a change plus I still have a little one to raise.
Tell him you will leave him with enough to grab on to!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lauriejo
So far I have only lost 4 pounds. I need to lose at least 40 more, and would love to lose 55 so I have a ways to go. The best part is that I have stopped gaining, yay!

PS - Tru I would be happy to post pics for you, or walk you through doing it yourself. :P
Thank you when I make them this week I will let you know so you can send me your e-mail and I will send them to you. DD doesn't know ho to get pic on the computer except with her phone. For you to walk me through it it would be easier to convience me to walk off the side on a bridge.

Now to decide what pattern OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH and fabric. I was going to sew this afternoon I think I will go throw my stash instead. What to do, what to do, so many decissions.