Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Dawn isn't it amazing what the Drs. want to make us believe. When my DD started high school she was having stomach pain and we made multiple ER and Dr. visits, 1 Dr. Wanted us to believe it was a cry for help because she was being abused. When we finally found someone to help us our DD had a rather big ulcer in the lower part of her stomach which was causing all kinds of health problems for her. Now her pediatrician doesn't play around when Emily complains of pain. Keep at it be persistant and don't let the Drs. treat you like your stupid. There is an answer and you will find it.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:38 PM

I gained the month of OCT up to 147... so I'm starting over...again...
back down to 145
was down to 141 in September or Aug...can't remember...
I just know that when I get depressed I eat... yup you got it... I'm battling depression and migraines and overwhelming stuff... too many swaps to complete...
focusing on SS and SQA then I'm done with swaps :D and I can focus on my IRR's (2) and my own quilts that I put aside.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:09 AM

WOW you mean I'm the first on here this morning...LOL It's a very windy, rainy and snowy morning. Yes it was snowing...lol I couldnt believe it.

I'm not doing well on my diet yet. Maybe because of the weekend, my husband thinks he has to eat every hour...ugh I told him if I ate like that I wouldn't fit through the door. I can look at food and gain weight...lol

Have a great weight loss and quilting week :)
Old 11-08-2010, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Happymom6ny
I can look at food and gain weight...lol

Have a great weight loss and quilting week :)
LOL! When I'm stressed, me too! I'm up a pound this morning.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

I gave up stress eating. Now if I'm stressed I find something to do, like cutting some fabric, sewing and cleaning. I'm not dieting I'm changing habits. Making choices to live a healthier choice.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I gave up stress eating. Now if I'm stressed I find something to do, like cutting some fabric, sewing and cleaning. I'm not dieting I'm changing habits. Making choices to live a healthier choice.
Wow, what a great way at looking at all of this. Dieting is temporary, it means we all can go back to our unhealthy habits. Making these little changes in our lives will help us live healthier lives. Way to go CJO!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Banned

it takes 30 days to make or break a habit or so they say. so if we change are eating habit and STICK to it for 30 days then our brain will just eat that way. I mean not just giving up crap food or eating to much. i think it has to be more controlled. Like you eat your meals and snacks the same time everyday. I actualy think I will google to see what it says about habits and if food comes under that theroy
Old 11-08-2010, 06:41 AM

This is the perfect thing I need to read on a Monday morning. If you don't mind, I'm going to write it out and post it where I can see it. Stress eating is my biggest problem.

This week will be a good test. The first anniversary of my oldest daughter's husband's death is Thursday. I want to find a way to help her through it - maybe shopping for fabric would do. I know she's ready to start quilting soon.

I hope we all have a good week.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose
This is the perfect thing I need to read on a Monday morning. If you don't mind, I'm going to write it out and post it where I can see it. Stress eating is my biggest problem.

This week will be a good test. The first anniversary of my oldest daughter's husband's death is Thursday. I want to find a way to help her through it - maybe shopping for fabric would do. I know she's ready to start quilting soon.

I hope we all have a good week.
Sure you can write it out. Trust me when I say the 1st 30 days is the hardest. I stuggled and struggled but I kept at it and won the battle, it was well worth it and I feel so much better.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:58 AM

Do any of you have a trigger food? If I go anywhere there are cookies I'm hooped I can not pass by cookies. I guess I will have to try to not eat them for 30 days. Hope it works like smoking I quit that I know I can stop eating cookies. I've lost 37# total and 4# this last week. I hope I can keep it up.
I agree with the idea that we are not dieting we are making lifstyle changes that we can keep doing for the rest of our lives. This is how we will be healthy,loose wieght and keep it off for life.