Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one??? >

Am I the only one???

Am I the only one???

Old 11-09-2010, 04:37 PM

I understand. I was there for a long time. Now I have a big room for my sewing and ebay business. (My ebay site is whitediamond98) I take up the whole room, but its upstairs so I don't have to completely clean up everytime. No one goes up there but me. Linda Rae
Old 11-09-2010, 04:50 PM

I'm in a small RV so I have to clear off our small table that also houses our PC and printer among other things, Move the Sewing Machine from the bench seat and set up. My fabric and supplies are on the bunk bed that is above the Cab of the RV and a Royal Pain in the x@%$@*%! to get to.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:04 PM

I used to sew on the dining room table. I made 14 quilts there. Since I've made space in the basement for my quilting stuff (over a year now) I haven't sewn a single thing. Think I'll be moving back up to the table, lol.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:25 PM

I have a sewing desk (saunders??) in the corner of the living rm. I made a rather large sewing mat & covered w/ batting & nice fabric.......that is on the floor next to the desk...I lay things out on the dining rm table...we made it smaller last week....took 2 leaves out) I have yet to sandwich anything yet on this smaller table......we all do the best w/ what we have & DEAL w/ it ! I do not have to put everything away now......so I look at that as a major blessing !
Old 11-09-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by thequiltmama
I have to haul everything out to the kitchen every day to sew....ugh. I was just curious if I was the only one? I am not lucky enough to have space in our small house for my quilting stuff. My sewing machine and sewing box are on my dresser. My rotary mat and rulers are in my childs room behind her dresser. And my tubs of fabric and projects are in my daughters closet. Please tell me that someone else has the same problem????
Me! Sewing machine in bedroom, mat and folding table under bed, stash all over in laundry room and closets!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:59 PM

Me too, I either sew at the kitchen table or on a fold up table in the living room, I haul everything back and forth, my mats are under the couch, fabric in bins in spare bedroom which also serves as an office slash guest room, some day when I hit the lottery I will build a seperate sewing room in the back yard, ah, I can see it now....
Old 11-09-2010, 08:06 PM

I started with just a little corner table, but soon my oldest son moved out, so I took over his room! Yea! My own hideaway and I spread out and over the years, filled it up. I had a large desk, chest of drawers, a LARGE cutting/work table, and I could leave the ironing board UP!! Plus a whole closet to store all my fabrics and books/magazines. But it was MINE and I enjoyed organizing it and just hanging out (well, quilting too). That was in Vanuatu. Now, we live in San Diego as of earlier this year-bought a 4 bedroom house with our 2 sons, and my oldest son says the fourth bedroom (which I ASSUMED would be my quilting room) says it is to REMAIN a spare bedroom! SOOOO- I am relegated to a small nook, which I assume was a small dining room, but it is also shared with HIS desk & file cabinet and only leaves me with a small space-which I put up 2 x 6ft wire shelve units and 2 x 3ft units, with a narrow table sandwiched between. I no longer have a nice cutting table, and have to drag out the ironing board each time. I have had to put ALL my fabric in my closet in my bedroom. It just doesn't feel like my quilting room! Oh well, guess it could be worse.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:06 PM

I started out sewing wherever I could, and now I finally have a room just for me. My hubby is almost finished building me a wonderful space on one wall...photos to come soon. I agree, most of us spent many years sharing space.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:54 PM

After we spent the first 20 years of our marriage in the Navy traveling around, living in base housing or rentals,I had every type of space to work in, often on the dining table, bed, etc. For about 15 years had our own shop, craft business, and had room to leave everything out. Now we've downsized and have my own shop, built within my DH's shop. So it is quiet and bright, have work tables, design wall, long table for machines, plenty of storage. I love it.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:01 PM

We have all been where you are, I once had a sewing/quilting room and an office, then my daughter and son-in-law lost there jobs and moved in with my husband and I, so everything was re arranged, then we found out they were going to have a baby, so my sewing/quilting/office is now a nursey, so I now have a space in our game/ bar room, which I share with my kids who are using it for a study and homework are, oh well, I am enjoying my granddaughter and am now using my pool table to cut out fabric on, not a lot of room, but I only have to put it away when someone is coming over, oh well, it could be worse, besides, my family is fun