Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where do we find the metal tip....... >

Where do we find the metal tip.......

Where do we find the metal tip.......

Old 11-09-2010, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Michaels, Joann's, Walmart are all way cheaper than some online sources. Really anywhere that sells the little bottles of acrylic paint. The kind you use for tole painting, Apple Barrel is one brand name, and I think Plaid is another. They are in a card hanging up by these paints.

I bought mine for less than $5 and there are 3 metal tips and two plastic ones to a package. I screw on a plastic one to the glue bottle and then the smaller metal one on that.
Thank you so much for this information. I have been looking for these metal tips for so long, but I have been looking in the glue area of Michaels, not the paint section, maybe now I'll find them!!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:38 PM

I was going to buy some, but another member said to take the tip off a mechanical pencil and screw it on! Works great!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
I was going to buy some, but another member said to take the tip off a mechanical pencil and screw it on! Works great!
I don't know what I was doing wrong. It sure didn't work for me, I had a puddle of glue the size of Tx on the back of my quilt.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:37 PM

(from finch, Oct 30, 10: I decided that I could make my own inexpensive glue basting bottle today.I used a hair coloring bottle with the sharp pointed spout and my hubby inserted one of those basketball inflater needles inside the lid and pushed it as far as possible to the end and then snipped it off below that that little side hole that is on the tubing.You have to tap it with an hammer to get it to the end of the spout,but it works great!)

Think I'm going to try this...
Old 11-09-2010, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by kclitz
(from finch, Oct 30, 10: I decided that I could make my own inexpensive glue basting bottle today.I used a hair coloring bottle with the sharp pointed spout and my hubby inserted one of those basketball inflater needles inside the lid and pushed it as far as possible to the end and then snipped it off below that that little side hole that is on the tubing.You have to tap it with an hammer to get it to the end of the spout,but it works great!)

Very clever. :-D
Old 11-10-2010, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by kclitz

That is the one I was telling about earlier. Glad you found it.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:03 AM

Elmer's Glue Stick works better for me.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by Kitsie
I don't know what I was doing wrong. It sure didn't work for me, I had a puddle of glue the size of Tx on the back of my quilt.
me too!, and I'm TX so that was a lot of glue glob!