Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
book to carry to the quilt shop >

book to carry to the quilt shop

book to carry to the quilt shop

Old 11-09-2010, 06:01 PM

Gosh you are organized. I usually just focus on one project (for buying) and have little pieces in a plastic envelope and when I come back I empty it and put it in my fabic area to reuse over and over. I do like your idea a lot.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:10 PM

that is a neat idea, :)
Old 11-09-2010, 08:26 PM

Very good and useful and do-able tip!
Thanks.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:50 PM

It's good too for when you are out and about shopping, put pieces in that you need a coordinate for, for when you make that "next" or "someday" project.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
You are so organized!! Like someone else said I just take a small piece of the fabric I am trying to work with! But your idea is a great thing to have even after the quilt is done. You could go ahead and put the date you finished it and who it went to! And don't forget to put the date you started the quilt, too! Might be interesting to see how long it took when you look in your book in years to come.
I agree with your suggestion. I do have that information in my little book. I move each card to the back of the book when the quilt is done and gone. I have not been quilting for very long and it has been an on and off process over the years, so my little book is not full, but I am looking forward to starting a second album. I can spend more time quilting and painting as I am now retired.

I added a tiny drawing of the block made; grandmother's fan on the bottom page and pinwheel on the top page. I also take photos of each quilt when finished and keep an album of all the quilts that I have made over the years.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122884[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-122879.jpe
Views:	9
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	122884  
Old 11-10-2010, 04:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by oma66
Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
You are so organized!! Like someone else said I just take a small piece of the fabric I am trying to work with! But your idea is a great thing to have even after the quilt is done. You could go ahead and put the date you finished it and who it went to! And don't forget to put the date you started the quilt, too! Might be interesting to see how long it took when you look in your book in years to come.
I agree with your suggestion. I do have that information in my little book. I move each card to the back of the book when the quilt is done and gone. I have not been quilting for very long and it has been an on and off process over the years, so my little book is not full, but I am looking forward to starting a second album. I can spend more time quilting and painting as I am now retired.
I have a 'brag book' I use to keep photos of finished quilts with an info card behind each photo. I made a cover for mine...(no pattern just measured book & started cutting & sewing)

But I REALLY like your idea Oma! for carrying scraps to fabric store!! Guess I will have to make me another!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-122939.jpe
Views:	58
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	122944  
Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 AM

Great idea! If you wanted to go larger, you could try the pages used for baseball cards in a 3 ring binder.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:30 AM

I really like this idea. I am going to try this one. Thanks for sharing this great tip.

Pat
homecaregiver
Old 11-10-2010, 06:46 AM

Super idea! I get to the quilt store and forget what I wanted. I then think well, I'll wait until I can get the pattern and type material I want. Ends up I get nothing. Thanks for the tip!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:48 AM

I second this absolutely! Thank you for sharing your great idea with us!
Originally Posted by redquilter
That's a fabulous idea. I usually stick a snippet in my purse, and half the time can't find it once I get to the store!