Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one??? >

Am I the only one???

Am I the only one???

Old 11-10-2010, 06:48 AM

I just have a corner too. Some of my stuff is in my bedroom, some in the guest bedroom. I tend to make a mess in there and when we are expecting company I have to hide it all. :) We make do with what we got. Space, time, money, it's all the same. We shrug our shoulders and do what we gotta do.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:51 AM

After 39 years married, I finally graduated to a room for my sewing 6 weeks ago. My husband had a dedicated office that was nothing but clutter. I bought a quilting frame and was going to put it in the basement (after clearing more extream clutter). Decided to TAKE the office. (bright room/no stairs) He even helped after I started the move. -- Before this, my fabric and supplies were kept all over the house. I still have a roll of batting in the basement and fabric in my bedroom closet. I set up sewing in just about every room, even the kids rooms. Where ever the card table would fit or there was a table.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:40 AM

NOPE , I feel your pain. In my next house ( who knows when) I would love my own little sewing room. O-o-o la la .
How fun would that be. We can only hope... Love your quilt project..
Old 11-10-2010, 11:41 AM

Thats me. I have a small walk in closet for my sewing machine, but right now I have my dining table set up for my Christmas presents in progress. Even though I have a place to actually sew, I have to leave that closet and go to the dining room to cut or press.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:42 AM

quiltmama I have a problem too. I have a portable machine, and have to use the kitchen table. Now our son,daughter-in-law and 3 yr. grandson are living with us. My machine is in their room, and he sleeps in day and works night. So I'm not getting any sewing done. But am enjoying our kids being here from Honduras. Sandra
Old 11-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Dee

Been there also. Kitchen table then clear it all up at dinner time. Weekends were a nitemare. Sometimes on a end table. Everything was every where except where I was. After gathering it all up I was too tired to even start. I now have my own sewing room and happy as I can be. So in time you too, will have your own space. All comes to he who waits.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by thequiltmama
I have to haul everything out to the kitchen every day to sew....ugh. I was just curious if I was the only one? I am not lucky enough to have space in our small house for my quilting stuff. My sewing machine and sewing box are on my dresser. My rotary mat and rulers are in my childs room behind her dresser. And my tubs of fabric and projects are in my daughters closet. Please tell me that someone else has the same problem????
Oh yeah, we enjoy the same problem. I have my sewing machine on a card table in our family room because my daughter and granddaughter moved in with us in May and I had to give up my two empty bedrooms. Lord, help me!!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:48 PM

I recently moved from a 3000 sq ft home with sewing room and office to a 1000 sq ft apartment. Stacking matching white plastic boxes seem to disappear on a white wall turned sideways. Rulers, mats and quilt frames slide in between, next to the wall. You will be surprised how much fabric you can get in shallow cardboard strawberry boxes to slip under couches and beds. Keep the most current project handiest.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:06 PM

I posted this on the cute quotes from children the other day, but it seems so appropriate for this topic, I'm going to repeat it:

Years ago, when we lived in a smaller house and my sewing machine was in the bedroom of one of my girls, I suddenly realized it was bedtime, and my sewing was scattered about the room. I rushed in and started straightening up and apologized, "Becky, I'm so sorry I have to sew in your bedroom."

She promptly replied, "You don't sew in my bedroom, Momma. I sleep in your sewing room!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-10-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by bonniebusybee
I posted this on the cute quotes from children the other day, but it seems so appropriate for this topic, I'm going to repeat it:

Years ago, when we lived in a smaller house and my sewing machine was in the bedroom of one of my girls, I suddenly realized it was bedtime, and my sewing was scattered about the room. I rushed in and started straightening up and apologized, "Becky, I'm so sorry I have to sew in your bedroom."

She promptly replied, "You don't sew in my bedroom, Momma. I sleep in your sewing room!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Precious!!!!!