November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35 >

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

Old 11-11-2010, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by deltadawn
I will be shipping out my secret pals package tomorrow to someone in a time zone 6 hours behind GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) Hope my pal likes her gifts.
Hmmm...isn't that CST? I seem to think it is. Well, I guess your squishy is not coming to me then. :mrgreen:
You got me there - what is CST?
LOL. Central Standard Time...parts of the U.S. and Canada.. I believe. Geography was never my subject....:roll:

Geography is not my strong point either ..............but I've just checked and you are 6 hours behind GMT ........Oooh could it be you ???????? I must not tell - I am sworn to secrecy!!!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:18 AM

Very nice package. Love the quilt panel.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:30 AM

I will be shipping out my secret pals package tomorrow to someone in a time zone 6 hours behind GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) Hope my pal likes her gifts.
Hmmm...isn't that CST? I seem to think it is. Well, I guess your squishy is not coming to me then. :mrgreen:
LOL. Central Standard Time...parts of the U.S. and Canada.. I believe. Geography was never my subject....:roll:
Yep Yep Yep. Central Standard Time. For instance, Illinois is in Central time. :) Like New York is in Eastern (one hour ahead of Illinois). California is two hours behind Illinois, etc.

I used to work as a telemarketer and had to know the time zones.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:31 AM

Not me darn it, Ohio is EST. Guess I'll have another cup of coffee while I wait.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:39 AM

Geography is not my strong point either ..............but I've just checked and you are 6 hours behind GMT ........Oooh could it be you ???????? I must not tell - I am sworn to secrecy!!!!!
Hmmm.....should I take that as a hint???? :lol: :mrgreen:
Old 11-11-2010, 06:55 AM

Just sent out a package to someone in Louisiana! The post office was closed for Veteran's day but the automated package machine was open. Happy November, everyone!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:24 AM

there is an automated package machine? kewl I'll have to see if my post office has one of those. Does it still let you get Delivery Confirmation?

Originally Posted by BabkaGal
Just sent out a package to someone in Louisiana! The post office was closed for Veteran's day but the automated package machine was open. Happy November, everyone!
Old 11-11-2010, 10:54 AM

I received some special packages yesterday in the mail. The first package was from dotcomdtcm and it was a heart and a house applique. I'm going to place them on a blue background and put them into my shades of blue quilt.

The second is a lovely fabric postcard and an appliqued block of Australia on a blue fabric from lindyline. It took me forever to figure out it was Australia but I finally figured it out today.

They both are awesome as are the ladies that sent them. They will both be incorporated into my quilt and will be cherished forever.

Words can't explain the depth of my thankfulness for you two and all the other people that have sent me kind wishes, prayers and thoughts.

Hugs to you all!
Suzanne

dotcomdtcm
[ATTACH=CONFIG]123879[/ATTACH]

lindyline
[ATTACH=CONFIG]123880[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-123874.jpe
Views:	9
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	123879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-123875.jpe
Views:	6
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	123880  
Old 11-11-2010, 03:12 PM

Yes it does--at least here in MS it does. It's so easy to do and convenient-as long as you can use as DB or CR card-our doesn't take cash. It sure beats standing in the long line to get things mailed out.

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
there is an automated package machine? kewl I'll have to see if my post office has one of those. Does it still let you get Delivery Confirmation?

Originally Posted by BabkaGal
Old 11-11-2010, 03:19 PM

That's pretty cool, none of our local post offices has one of those. The one in my home town doesn't even have a stamp machine anymore!