Quilt Challenge!

Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 PM

SEND ME SPECIFICS I WOULD LOVE TO CONTRIBUTE
Old 11-08-2010, 01:12 PM

Wonderful idea. I just re-arranged my sewing room and have too much stuff!!! I will not get a larger house, or add a room, or take over one of the sheds. I will use up what I have, donate to charity, etc. I will not be tempted by the fabric store sales (I'll try really, really hard, I promise) and feel so good about myself. If we all write how well we are doing it will encourage others. :)
Old 11-08-2010, 07:22 PM

:thumbup: Sounds like a great idea, have lots of scraps that keep growing so this is a good time to start using. Love the quiltville site and will look at one of her patterns. P.S. does this mean it has to be finished or just the top done, I'm great at doing that. Thanks for posting this idea.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:31 PM

I am currently piecing crazy blocks from my small scraps that I will eventually make into an ironing board cover! Can't wait to get it finished
Old 11-10-2010, 07:24 PM

I nearly have finished the top of the Red Delicious quilt (just the top, not the quilting) and now, I have just started a Sunbonnet Sue baby quilt for my grand-daughter to be born in next January. Pictures coming soon!!

Welcome to this forum, Tcheney! I hope that your project will be successful!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:14 AM

We aren't making quilts from all of our scraps but we are making table runners and hot pads with them. We aren't fans of the crazy quilt and kinda' like the colors to go together. We tried laying out pieces of scrap we had, but just couldn't do it. We also use the scraps of our batting this way. There is a wonderful lady nearby who gives us her leftover batting and we use it for the table runners and some quilts we make using blocks.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:10 PM

This summer my mom cleaned out one of her storage units. She had a rummage sale with a LOT of craft stuff that had been gotten over the years mine, moms & grandmas. She had one lady stop and bought material because she belongs to a group that makes quilts and things for the homeless. My mom gave her a huge discount no doubt. This lady walked away from the sale with 188 yds of material and over 268 skeins of yarn! Needless to say I don't have much of a stash left! :-(
Old 11-11-2010, 08:19 PM

Thanks for sharing the above. It has made me now decide to not just throw my scraps into a bag, but to spend time when folding the material away, to HOPEFULLY cut the odd pieces into sections and then BOX them. Wonderful idea. Hmmmm girls coming home for Christmas, maybe i can get them to cut my couple of packets already and sort for me. Will keep them busy. Put on their jazzy music and work together as a team. Oh i miss my girls so much being away from home. Thats life!
Old 11-14-2010, 05:24 AM

I'm already working on my first scrap quilt - a log cabin. Queen size, not too sure about some of my colors, hope it looks better put together but I am determined to finish it.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:30 PM

I would love to take on this challenge. I have a lot of scraps to sew up. Thanks for the motivation!