Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-11-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Happymom6ny
The quilt is beautiful!!!

I need some info about designer walls. I want something thats actually going to hold my fabric up good and I dont want to spend alot of money on it. I have a small sewing room so it cant be huge. What are you all using? Thanks :)
A table cloth, the back of the cheap vinyl cloths are felt like. You can get them at a thrift shop for around 2 or 3 dollars.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by bronald
It is so worth keeping that nickel in place. You didn't give him that special part of yourself you can remain whole. I know from past experience how true this is. Good for you Girl. There is someone out there God has ment for you.Hang in there.
Thank you Bonnie. I am counting on one day having that special person in my life.

Missy
Old 11-11-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by Happymom6ny
The quilt is beautiful!!!

I need some info about designer walls. I want something thats actually going to hold my fabric up good and I dont want to spend alot of money on it. I have a small sewing room so it cant be huge. What are you all using? Thanks :)
A table cloth, the back of the cheap vinyl cloths are felt like. You can get them at a thrift shop for around 2 or 3 dollars.
Thanks for the idea :)
Old 11-11-2010, 02:03 PM

Omigosh you guys! I saw this cutie patootie little craft that could be given to a seamstress or quilter and fell in love!

If you want the instructions let me know and I will send them to you or post them here...whatever you guys want!

Missy

Finished Product
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124036[/ATTACH]

The inside of the mouth
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124037[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-124031.jpe
Views:	6
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	124036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-124032.jpe
Views:	7
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	124037  
Old 11-11-2010, 02:23 PM

Missy, it's adorable. I'd love the instructions as I imagine will lots of other people.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by ejudy
Missy, it's adorable. I'd love the instructions as I imagine will lots of other people.
It is soo cute!

Here are the instructions:

Alligator Sewing Kit

1. Begin by cutting an oval (about 8 by 2 inches) from green felt. From white felt, cut the same shape, but slightly smaller. Then cut one from red felt that's a bit smaller still. Create jagged teeth around the edge of the white felt by trimming it with pinking shears.

2. Center the pieces on top of each other (green, white, then red). Fold the stack in half and press with an iron (a parent's job).

3. Use the yarn and needle to sew two or three large stitches through the center of the stack of felt to bind the three layers. Then tie the ends of the yarn into a double knot (on the outside of the alligator) and trim off any excess.

4. For the alligator's eyes, glue green pompons and googly eyes, and for a snout, glue or sew on the sequins or beads.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:13 PM

Thanks Missy!!! That is adorable, and sooooo easy.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Thanks Missy!!! That is adorable, and sooooo easy.
It sure is!!

Missy
Old 11-11-2010, 03:28 PM

Missy, you are obviously intelligent, caring and a good person. Thank you for sharing the alligator. It'll be cute for my non sewing children to have some sewing supplies in one spot.

Question - I am not good at making decisions lately. What kind of fabric is best for my flannel FQ to send to November's winner. I only have baby prints buried in my sewing room. I will purchase a FQ, but what genre? plaid? cute print? dark?

I think I lost a pound, but I'm not getting excited until I can sustain showing some control for a few days.

Judy
Old 11-11-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Missy, you are obviously intelligent, caring and a good person. Thank you for sharing the alligator. It'll be cute for my non sewing children to have some sewing supplies in one spot.

Question - I am not good at making decisions lately. What kind of fabric is best for my flannel FQ to send to November's winner. I only have baby prints buried in my sewing room. I will purchase a FQ, but what genre? plaid? cute print? dark?

I think I lost a pound, but I'm not getting excited until I can sustain showing some control for a few days.

Judy
Thank you so much Judy! That was so sweet of you! Well, I am going to buy a cute print but I am not sure what others are doing.

Missy