Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What notions are a waste of money? >

What notions are a waste of money?

What notions are a waste of money?

Old 11-12-2010, 04:53 AM

what are you talking about? I am a regular here.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:07 AM

Thank you.I never come up on a home page and so I know that I have probably asked the same question before.Thank you to those that do not mind repeating.I appreciate it very much.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by sfjeffers
I got one of those handles with the rubber suction cups for your ruler too. But what she forgot to tell me is if you have the ruler with the holes in it it don't work. duh!!!
That was a waste of a few bucks.
I wouldn't be without my suction cup handles. I have sliced my fingers too many times with my rotary cutter. The handles saves my fingers.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Originally Posted by featherweight
There is no way in h_l that I would cut with the scissors and templates.

:-D :-D Nor me! I'm beginning to think that way about the rotary cutter and ruler cutting now that I use the Go die cut machine. :wink:
Do you like the "Go"? I put it on my Christmas list, but never actually saw it work - except on ads, and they could have taken 50 shots to get one right!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by misseva
i thought "basting" spray was actually used to baste a quilt. at least that's what i use it for. what's the point of using spray and then pin/stitch basting? seems like extra work to me.
I find that when I just pin and don't baste first, the handling of the quilt as it gets repositioned hundreds of times in using my machine to quilt, can separate the back and front just a smidge between pins and I've had little puckers show up. When I spray baste before I pin, I haven't had that happen. The spray keeps the layers stuck together. It's just a prep step I take that works for me.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Originally Posted by featherweight
There is no way in h_l that I would cut with the scissors and templates.

:-D :-D Nor me! I'm beginning to think that way about the rotary cutter and ruler cutting now that I use the Go die cut machine. :wink:
Do you like the "Go"? I put it on my Christmas list, but never actually saw it work - except on ads, and they could have taken 50 shots to get one right!
I like the Go. There are great videos on Youtube that shows tips and how to not have fabric waste. I bought the Go Baby too. It is much lighter but only uses the narrow die boards. It's not as stable as the bigger Go but does the job.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:05 AM

I have heard there is a place you can send your old blades and they will send new ones. Have you heard about this???
Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by kathidahl
I bought an Alto's QuiltCut for my Mom and it has now come back to me. Do any of you use this? Was it a waste of money?
I bought one for myself after seeing a demo at a quilt show, it works fine for me in fact, I love it because I get a much straighter line. Did she not get the CD that comes with it and shows you how to use it. It's not hard at all.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by ewhughe1
There are always new people that have never been here before and they get right in the middle. You don't come up on a "home page".
I didn't realize there was a home page regardless of whether you sign in or not....each topic shows what page you're reading on.....so say you start with the original topic (and click on it) that would be the first page to start reading replies and it's shows pages on the top or bottom right hand side which page you are reading on.....then you keep hitting the next page to keep reading about the original topic and all the replies...maybe I'm not explaining this right but it's so easy to follow regardless of signing in or not. I enjoy reading all the replies even tho there are numerous pages on some topics and thus when a question is asked/answered numerous times on the same topic it is simply because someone has not read through all the posts to realize their question has been asked and answered ad nauseum (sp). I am not trying to be critical or rude but frankly just don't understand how in the same topic the same thing has been brought up so many times and wonder why the person doesn't read through the entire thread before posting the same question again and again. I am not trying to offend anyone but just wondering why?
:shock: :shock:
Old 11-12-2010, 07:16 AM

i have wondered why also.
anything i reply to, i get an update in my email. when i click on that link, it takes me to my last post,on that particular thread, and i read from there. so i see all the replies.
i have PM'd a few people that have asked and the answer has been posted..with the link or the answer, because they missed it.
i wish we could add an attachment/picture ot PM's. that would be nice. then i would of sent them a picture directly of the purple thang and pounce pad..and not repested the info.
for people who are not a member, i am not sure how it works. i signed up right away when i saw this board! it is so awesome and helpful!
:thumbup: