Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-11-2010, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by bronald
Thanks. I know I'll do better tomorrow and it's good to be able to vent when I'm frusterated with myself. Thanks for listening.(or reading) :)
I fell off the wagon in October and can't catch up with it yet.... I have gained at least 3 lbs that I lost then gained then lost again...Those darn pounds keep finding me :(... wellllll, I decided tonight that I needed a PLAN to lose and keep those beasties off my bod....I'm gonna make me a schedule and i will get the sleep I need and if my patients (mother and dh) aren't ready to go to bed at my bed time... well they will have to get themselves ready for bed and their c-paps on the best they can. I'm tired of staying up till midnight waiting for them to finish their TV shows or reading or what ever else. I have to take care of me before I can take care of anyone else.
Thanks for leting me vent. I seldom do.
Today, we went to a buffet all you can eat... yup you got it... had to be at least 3000 calories...I'm still full.... I'm drinking water when I get the munchies because I KNOW I'm not .hungry...I may not need to eat tomorrow either... I at enough for 3 days... I'm only suppose to have max 1300 cal./day thats to slowly lose my weight! I need to increase my activity regularly. The month I lost 8 lbs... I was walking and watching a normal portioned diet. Nothing special just portion control... then October came and my favorite halloween candy was in the stores... I lost all sense and sensibility with control and restraint. Tomorrow is a new day ...
Old 11-11-2010, 08:14 PM

CarolT, strictly as an experiment can you give up wheat and yeast for a period of time?

Are you cooking for a family? That complicates things unless you don't mind preparing two meals. I like soups or casserole things in this weather, too. Earlier this week I made Chicken Alfredo - rice pasta with a concoction of chicken, garlic, fat free milk, and egg yolk and spices topped with a little Parmesan cheese. The trick is to cook only as much as you need for that day. Tonight was low fat smoked sausage, frozen green beans and an onion with garlic and pepper all cooked together. Green beans are practically free so you can have a huge serving.

As far as today goes, it's over. The new day needs to start as soon as you realize that you feel you goofed. You don't need to wait until tomorrow. Give yourself a pat on the back for keeping on keeping on.

I'm hoping for three good days in a row to set a new pattern. No, make that I am having three good days in a row.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:34 AM

Yea with halloween I goofed as well. I figured I cant lose weight any ways so why not eat some of the candy...

I was thinking last night since I like to snack late at night is to get my veggies ready like cut up and what not that way when the time comes in the evening I can just grab them and munch away instead of having to fix them because you know thats not going to happen to much..... My DH fixing apples in the evening and we munch on them but it doesnt do it for me. I STILL WANT TO MUNCH.. :( I'm good all day, I dont have snacks until evening hits.

I like the green bean idea, is that the can or fresh that you were refering to?

Keep giving us that hasnt lost the weight ideas because it's really helpful :)
Old 11-12-2010, 06:28 AM

Here you go folks. It is the BESTEST soup the Hungry Girl has ever created!! It is incredible!!!

The Whole Enchilada Chicken Soup

PER SERVING (1 cup): 105 calories, 1.75g fat, 641mg sodium, 12.5g carbs, 2g fiber, 4g sugars, 11g protein -- POINTSŪ value 2*

Ingredients:
3 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 1/4 cups finely chopped celery
1/2 cup diced sweet yellow onion
3 cups green enchilada sauce
One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
10 oz. cooked boneless skinless lean chicken breast, chopped or shredded
1 cup frozen white (or yellow) corn
Optional: dash hot sauce, or more to taste
Optional toppings: shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, crushed baked tortilla chips

Directions:
In a large pot, bring broth to a low boil on the stove. Add celery and onion, and simmer for about 5 minutes, until slightly tender.

Stir in enchilada sauce and pumpkin. Once soup returns to a low boil, add chicken and corn, and mix well. Cook for an additional 3 - 5 minutes, until soup is heated throughout.

Add a dash or more hot sauce. (Or not. It's your soup.) Serve and, if you like, top with shredded cheese and/or crushed chips.

Enjoy!!!

MAKES 9 SERVINGS

The Whole Enchilada Chicken Soup
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124556[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-124551.jpe
Views:	4
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	124556  
Old 11-12-2010, 06:42 AM

I am sleepy, my head is stuffed up and I want a bagel. Pretty sorry, huh? LOL!

Missy

Never let Daddy babysit alone with the baby!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124557[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-124552.jpe
Views:	4
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	124557  
Old 11-12-2010, 06:51 AM

Happymom6ny, I used frozen green beans for two reasons 1) they have no salt and the smoked sausage had enough for me and 2) my freezer is too full. Canned ones are equally low calorie.

Evening munchies, needing crunchies - who are you mad at? Crunchy food is a good stress releaser. When I was upset recently, a couple of squares of Dove chocolate and a handful of almonds made it all better.

Evening munchies - save some daytime calories if you are a calorie counter and have 23 almonds. Almonds have MUFA fats that are good for weight loss. As do olives, dark chocolate and olive oil. Rice cakes are crunchy. The little flavored rice snacks are pretty good, but they are not portion controlled so it's easy to eat too many.

My evening snack this week has been yogurt (mine is not sugar free - I can't do chemicals), walnuts, olives and a fresh pear or canned pineapple. Creamy, crunchy, sweet and salty. Covers all bases.

We are all having a good day. Note to self: Keep any affirmations in the present - if you make them future, ie, going to have a good day, it ain't a gonna' happen!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:59 AM

MissyGirl, that soup looks really good. Pumpkin is another near freebie. It's surprisingly good in soup.

Love the picture.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
MissyGirl, that soup looks really good. Pumpkin is another near freebie. It's surprisingly good in soup.

Love the picture.
I love the picture too. The pumpkin has so much fiber in it that it would make that soup soo good for you. One thing that I have done when pressed for time is to buy one of those rotisserie chickens at the grocery store and then shred that up instead of cooking the chicken first (of course I take off the skin). Either way this soup rocks. Yumm-O!

Missy
Old 11-12-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Happymom6ny, I used frozen green beans for two reasons 1) they have no salt and the smoked sausage had enough for me and 2) my freezer is too full. Canned ones are equally low calorie.

Evening munchies, needing crunchies - who are you mad at? Crunchy food is a good stress releaser. When I was upset recently, a couple of squares of Dove chocolate and a handful of almonds made it all better.

Evening munchies - save some daytime calories if you are a calorie counter and have 23 almonds. Almonds have MUFA fats that are good for weight loss. As do olives, dark chocolate and olive oil. Rice cakes are crunchy. The little flavored rice snacks are pretty good, but they are not portion controlled so it's easy to eat too many.

My evening snack this week has been yogurt (mine is not sugar free - I can't do chemicals), walnuts, olives and a fresh pear or canned pineapple. Creamy, crunchy, sweet and salty. Covers all bases.

We are all having a good day. Note to self: Keep any affirmations in the present - if you make them future, ie, going to have a good day, it ain't a gonna' happen!
Thank you so much for the up lifting... This sounds great..

That soup sure sounds great as well. It would be a great day to fix it but I have to go out and get some of the ingred.

That pic is so funny...My DD when she was like 19 she had her friends tape her to the wall like that and stayed there for 45 mins..LOL we have pics somewhere...hehe
Old 11-12-2010, 07:14 AM

Pumpkin is also high in fiber which most of us don't get enough of and is also great for weight loss. Don't forget your water and get plenty of sleep.Both of which are eccential to weight loss. Watch the salt in canned goods frozen are better as salt is bad for weight loss.