Keuring Coffeemakers

Old 11-13-2010, 07:17 PM

I have one of the Keurig machines. I like the coffee. You can get tea and hot chocolate as well. It's convenient, easy and good. I used to use the pods, but the coffee was never strong enough. Not so with the Keurig.
Price - it is a little more expensive than making a pot of coffee, but if you make coffee and then throw out half a pot, that needs to be factored into the cost of your coffee. I order my cups right from the Keurig website. It is a little cheaper that way.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:06 PM

I have a Keurig and just love it. You can do hot chocolate, tea, even make instant soup. It's my little bit of "luxury" for myself!!
Old 11-13-2010, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
Originally Posted by lynnie
my bf has one, and i love the chai tea, she's now addicted to that, (not starbucks anymore)
OOOO! The chia tea is the best! On cool, damp, raw day...like a blanket of warmth. I get the Celestial Chai tea and add my own fat-free half and half, and splenda. I also use Cafe Express' chai tea, which has everything in it. Awesome!
Will have to order the chai tea - it really think chai is yummy and your concoction sounds delicious.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:09 PM

Nice you get a fresh cup of coffee every time. I personally like my regular coffee maker the coffee is cheaper I think especially if you drink a lot. My son and his girl have one and they gave us one it's nice when they come over because I like the favored coffee and they don't. Good Luck.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:24 PM

Well I think they are wonderful, come in so many coffees, teas and chocolate flavors BUT they are out of my price range. I think the machine is pricey as well as the individual servings. But for someone who is working and can afford it ... go for it.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 11-14-2010, 06:48 AM

i love mine. we have the one that has the k cup to use your own coffee. i also enjoyed it this summer to make the iced coffee. the iced teas are great too. am going to order the gingerbread and the apple cider one for xmas.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:56 AM

I HAVE THE BIG ONE AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It comes with a little thing so you can make your own blend of coffee so you do not have to buy the pre made cups. I find that I buy them anyhow. Amazon.com has a good deal through their subscription service, you buy them and bet them at a certain price less then the retail, they come every month? I love the german choc and the creme brulee, and the mudslide and the . . . and i just love them all. I like the big one, it gives me the choice of 3 sizes of cups.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

We have one at work. It's great.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:55 PM

My Keurig is not the mini, but I absolutely love it. I'm the only one in my house who drinks coffee, so I actually save by using it. Kohl's and Target most always have the K Cups on sale.

Mine is the one that offers 2 sizes of cups. I wish I had bought the one with more choices to allow for choices of how strong the coffee will be.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:06 PM

We have one at home and at work. I love my Keurig pot. I have a larger one that has a water reservoir on the side. It is great for us so that we don't have to make a whole pot of coffee just to get a cup to take on the way to work. There are a lot of great flavors you can get and they have hot tea and hot chocolate too. Great purchase!

FREE Quilting Newsletter