Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
my first bow tucks is done! >

my first bow tucks is done!

my first bow tucks is done!

Old 11-13-2010, 03:55 PM

Lovely!
Old 11-13-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by flikkem
Pardon my ignorance, but why are these called Bow Tuck bags?
just the name of the pattern. i guess cause the sides tuck in where the bows are.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Donna Mare
Adorable. Did it take you very long?

I bought my pattern yesterday for my 1st bow tuck. Forgot to get a few things I need, didn't know til I opened the directions. So I won't be getting to work on it til Monday.
There was another one there but smaller..but I liked the little pocket area. Will experiment after the first one
i didn't have the recomended things either. i just used warm and soft batting instead of the fleece and spray basted it together. i used a triple layer of thick canvas sewn together in the bottom instead of plastic or whatever the pattern asked for.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
You know I had to laugh when you all say they don’t take very long to make. I have been making my mini bow tuck tote for a month now. If I am lucky I may just get it finished this week when I go sewing but won’t hold my breath :lol:

Nice looking bag just the same,
wow.....i'd give up on something if it took me that long. i did it in one day, i think it took about 4 hours but i'm not sure cause i kept getting interupted and having to go attend to mom duties so i did most of it at night after bed time. there is a picture tutorial on here that i refered to a couple times during the process that helped a lot.

eta:i am new to quilting but have been sewing for a while. i used to make clothes but mostly teddy bears and other stuffies so that might have helped me make it faster. i also cut things out in multiples whenever i can and use a rotary cutter to save a lot of time. spray basting also saves time and i didn't iron anything but the handles and ties cause i hate ironing. i chuck my fabrics in the drier with a damp washcloth to smooth out wrinkles. i also hate pins so i don't use them except for basting really big quilts when there are no other options
Old 11-13-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes
Originally Posted by Maybe1day
You know I had to laugh when you all say they don’t take very long to make. I have been making my mini bow tuck tote for a month now. If I am lucky I may just get it finished this week when I go sewing but won’t hold my breath :lol:

Nice looking bag just the same,
wow.....i'd give up on something if it took me that long. i did it in one day, i think it took about 4 hours but i'm not sure cause i kept getting interupted and having to go attend to mom duties so i did most of it at night after bed time. there is a picture tutorial on here that i refered to a couple times during the process that helped a lot.

eta:i am new to quilting but have been sewing for a while. i used to make clothes but mostly teddy bears and other stuffies so that might have helped me make it faster. i also cut things out in multiples whenever i can and use a rotary cutter to save a lot of time. spray basting also saves time and i didn't iron anything but the handles and ties cause i hate ironing. i chuck my fabrics in the drier with a damp washcloth to smooth out wrinkles. i also hate pins so i don't use them except for basting really big quilts when there are no other options
HMm Willl have to find that Bow TUt Like some of your quick ideas... saving those! never heard of the wet cloth one.. Will put that to use! thanks
Old 11-13-2010, 07:47 PM

Beautiful fabrics! Great job. I am going to have to break down and buy this pattern to attempt making this purse ... lol
Old 11-13-2010, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fox
LOOKIN' GOOD, GIRL!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 11-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

ry nice. She is one lucky lady.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:02 AM

Really nice. You did a great job.

I love making bow tucks. I just finished my 9th. Christmas presents. I love putting different fabrics together and see how they come out. I will post pictures when I find some time. They are very easy and addicting but time consuming. I always cut out all my interfacing/pellon, and then cut the fabrics, put them together and start sewing.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:22 AM

where can I find that pattern?