Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Earleen
Any luck finding the manual? You can email me and let me know about what you did or did not find. Thanks
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Earleen
I have a Kenmore Model 117-959 serial #82319 looking for a manual any chance you have one. Got this cabinet and all for $10.00
I might have one in the studio I will go out and look to see for you.

Billy
Yes I did and I am sending you a PM!

Billy
Old 11-14-2010, 09:16 AM

I found my girl- born in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Number allotted April 8, 1953. Yeah!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by hazeljane
I found my girl- born in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Number allotted April 8, 1953. Yeah!!!
HazelJane,
You did an excellent job finding a machine with all those attachments for that price. The cabinet is very nice too. I have not used my button-holer yet, but I understand that they make one of the prettiest buttonholes. I saw someone's test run of making button holes on a blog and it was very pretty. I have that cabinet model; I took mine apart to put on a treadle. Happy to read that you found what you were looking for and more.
Enjoy!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by hazeljane
HazelJane,
You did an excellent job finding a machine with all those attachments for that price. The cabinet is very nice too. I have not used my button-holer yet, but I understand that they make one of the prettiest buttonholes. I saw someone's test run of making button holes on a blog and it was very pretty. I have that cabinet model; I took mine apart to put on a treadle. Happy to read that you found what you were looking for and more.
Enjoy!
I used my buttonholer on my FW 222K just the other day, and I can definately agree with you, it makes beautiful buttonholes. I just marveled that a straight stitch machine could produce such nice buttonholes with the aid of a 'gadget' attached to the needlebar. Those inventive engineers that came up with it and the zig zagger have my admiration.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 PM

Does anyone on here happen to have a 403 machine manual? If so would you be so kind as to let me have a copy of the pages that show how to operate the fashion disc? I have the machine and some discs but can't get to to work.
I would apprecate it very much thank you.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:05 PM

Hi Trish,
If you join the Yahoo group :Vintage Singers, there is a free manual for the 401, pretty much the same machine and the instructions on how to use the cams is the same.
I tried to put the url for the Yahoo group in this message and for some reason its not allowed.
Sharon
Old 11-14-2010, 09:06 PM

I am a long time fan of the Singer buttonholers because they make exact buttonholes everytime and you can adjust the width to accommodate thick buttons. I was disgusted with the buttonholer on my Janome 6500 machine because it wouldn't handle thick or large buttons. Guess what? My ancient old Singer buttonholer that is older than I am will fit my Janome machine because they are both short shank machines. Just lower your feeddogs on your Janome, attach the buttonholer and long wide buttonholes are yours! It even makes buttonholes in denim and upholstery fabric for my bags without complaining or bunching. I am in love with my buttonholer!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:56 PM

I collect antique sewing machines. I love them all. I use most of them. I posted a picture of a fw table. Wasn't sure how to post it on here, I posted it on the main page.

I'll post one here for you too. My husband reconditioned it. He reconditiones the sewing cabinets.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-126596.jpe
Views:	270
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	126601  
Old 11-14-2010, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
I am a long time fan of the Singer buttonholers because they make exact buttonholes everytime and you can adjust the width to accommodate thick buttons. I was disgusted with the buttonholer on my Janome 6500 machine because it wouldn't handle thick or large buttons. Guess what? My ancient old Singer buttonholer that is older than I am will fit my Janome machine because they are both short shank machines. Just lower your feeddogs on your Janome, attach the buttonholer and long wide buttonholes are yours! It even makes buttonholes in denim and upholstery fabric for my bags without complaining or bunching. I am in love with my buttonholer!
This is great information! Thanks for sharing. I will give this a try on my daughter's Janome.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SnowQuilt
I collect antique sewing machines. I love them all. I use most of them. I posted a picture of a fw table. Wasn't sure how to post it on here, I posted it on the main page.

I'll post one here for you too. My husband reconditioned it. He reconditiones the sewing cabinets.
That is a good looking table and machine!! Most of the card tables I find are shabby looking but this shows what it can look like with a little love!

Thanks for sharing!!

Billy