Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr..... >

Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

Old 11-14-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
I laughed at the dog in the bed story. Last night, it was cooler here than usual. I let the big furry dog in as I was going to bed. He beat me up the stairs and was curled up in MY spot on the king sized bed by the time I got to my bed. He ignored me and only moved to the foot of the bed when I nudged him. Then he lay on his back with his feet up in the air with a big sigh. I just had to laugh out loud at his antics. He only weighs about 65 pounds.
You'll have to try the "dog bone" trick. I get myself all ready for bed, let them out for their nightly, then when I let them in I grab a dog bone for each. Just before I jump into bed I give them their bone and then I claim my space. But I have to be quick. At least your dog moves when he is nudged, Heidi holds her ground and just sighs.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:55 AM

Grann, that is the first time he has done this, so I was unprepared for the event. I will be ready the next time. Heidi sounds like she likes your spot!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sewze
I, too, feel your pain. I spent hours yesterday looking for my Christmas fabric and project stash that I've had for years and couldn't believe that I didn't find it even after spending two months orgainizing my stash. Then I decided to look in a closet that I just knew it wasn't in and there it was. So much for organization. LOL Getting old really stinks.
Yup, getting old ain't for the chicken-hearted, that's for sure! :-)
Old 11-14-2010, 09:23 AM

I do that kind of thing all the time! Makes me absolutely crazy! Wish I knew a cure! :roll:
Old 11-14-2010, 01:38 PM

This has been such fun to read. I must say, I am glad the fabric was found. I was in the same boat last week. A few months ago, I had done a start on reorganizing my sewing sty, er...I mean room. Now I am thinking C'mas projects. Can I find the C'mas fabrics? No way. It took 2 or 3 days of looking and relooking, and finally it was found.

Now the case for my sewing machine is another story altogether. It has been missing, that I know of, for at least since last February!!! I emptied all totes and boxes out of teh room, so the floor and closet were bare. No case. :( My guess is that DH at some point thought he would be helpful and store it in the basement for me since I obviously didn't need it close by!!! LOL One day it will show up, I am sure.

Happy sewing/searching everyone.

Patti
Old 11-14-2010, 01:53 PM

I lost my favorite pair of scissors several months ago, so after much unfruitful searching, I bought another pair. While moving some baskets around under my quilting frame, there they were! Now my Fons & Porter mechanical pencil is missing! I've look everywhere...no pencil. So went to JoAnn's yesterday and bought a new one. Haven't found the old one yet, but I'm sure it will turn up. One of these days I'll have at least two of everything!
Old 11-14-2010, 04:10 PM

I thought I had it bad with a boston terrier when he slept at my back and moved when I moved. Do we spoil them or what? I will not even go there on the other subject of misplacing something. Oooohhh no we will not! and that is my last word on that.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:12 PM

now where did I put all those bobbins, I am only working with two bobins for months now....
Old 11-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Dee

Glad to hear others fabric or notions just disappear. I lost my 1 pair of glasses 2 months ago and can't find them. Their in the house somewhere. So glad you found your fabric.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:56 AM

This topic has really hit home with everyone. Did you ever think you have a room in your house that has everything you put 'away' so you could find it easier? Of course, I can't find that room, so those items are really safe!!! :0) And yes, it is hell getting old, and forgetfull......