Epson salts?

Old 11-19-2010, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by mollymct
I also love epsom salts, especially lavendar, in the bath. Wonderful after for aches and sore muscles after a hard workout!! Someone mentioned Biofreeze and that is awesome after a massage. I need to find a source to buy from for home!
Yes, Biofreeze is a wonderful product. I started using it when my massage therapist recommended it. Ice is also wonderful for aches and pains. I know... lots of people don't like the idea of putting cold on but it is a muscle relaxer, pain killer and also will reduce inflammation. We use Epson Salts also for soaking aching feet.

HOpe you feel better, soon! :-D
Old 11-19-2010, 08:37 PM

my boys played Baseball for many years and when there muscles were sore they soaked in Epson Salt and it worked for them
Old 11-19-2010, 09:35 PM

Yes it does and I'm not that old either but I use it all the time. I also throw in a bit of baking soda as well it helps soften your skin as well as remove body orders.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:45 PM

Another use for epsom salts is for giving a little body to sheer curtains. Just add to the rinse water.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:28 PM

Epsom salts is a form of magnesium, and most of us have depleted levels of this mineral. It is used to relax the muscles and help to detox the body.

Taking capsules of magnesium before bed, will help you avoid muscle cramps and restless leg syndrome, relaxes you so you can sleep, and should cause a healthy bowel movement each morning. I always take it at night, two 500 MG capsules, and I have been doing it for about 5 years now. It is great for the heart too.

I'm on my feet all day, so a couple of times a week at night, I soak my feet in one quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide (warm the closed bottle in a sink of hot water), with one cup of Epsom salt added, which softens my feet, kills fungus, detoxes, and adds oxygen, and it is amazing the amount of bubbles produced. The best thing is it makes my toenails look like they have a french manicure!

You can also buy another form called Transdermal Magnesium (expensive, but you use very little), which feels like a very fine oil (it's not) and when rubbed into the skin, it gets right into the blood stream to work it's magic. Absobtion of the mineral is much better in this format.

The capsules and Epsom Salts are cheap and well worth taking as often as needed. Overdosing in any way simply causes loose bowels.

Diane
Old 11-19-2010, 11:38 PM

I use it to soak my feet and feed my plants.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:16 AM

Hi We have always put epsom salts in a bath for soreness and stiffness.Its been around since I was a little girl and I am in my 70s now Carmen
Old 11-20-2010, 08:00 PM

DH put some around one of our trees and it is way bigger than the other trees on our block now. Also, very good when planting tomatoes. He's also used it for various sorenesses (is that a word?)
Old 11-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Dee

Wonderful product. Helps soothe pain. I always have it onhand. A big bag.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:36 PM

Great for lemon trees too citrus fruits Carmen