Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accu Quilt go >

Accu Quilt go

Accu Quilt go

Old 11-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

I doubt they will honor the sale price, they didn't offer to tell you about the sale when you bought it. Take it back and buy one on sale. But on Black Friday there may be only two or three per store and getting one online will be just a matter of luck. And the Joann's here will already have them sold the second the door opens if they do like they did with with the good sale items last Black Friday.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:41 AM

I too was disappointed when I first tried my 2 1/2" strip cutter, but after seeing it in use at Market I've changed my mind and use it a lot now! To make sure you don't have the uncut spots at the fold end, make sure that folded side is just down below the cutting dies...works every time.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Debi S
Absolutely love, love, love mine. Although the dies can be a bid pricey I got most of mine through SewBids.com. Its a penny auction site where you buy bids and then bid on dies, GO's and other sewing and quilting items. A crafty (no pun intended) bidder can get dies bought for literally pennies and a few well places bids. I would guess that most of my dies were 50-75 percent off of retail. If you go check it out you can get a few free bids just to try it. .... With the cost of material rising you can take scraps and run them through the AccuQuilt GO and have a great quilt cut out in minutes.
In case anyone decides to try sewbid, please please make sure you thoroughly read how it works before spending money there. In a nutshell you pay to bid even if you don't win. I've seen where a lot of people have been disappointed with sewbid after spending lots of $$ (I believe minimum bids to buy is $40 worth or something like that) and ended up with nothing to show for it.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:47 PM

I love it for strips. I have a longarm and I can take the backing material from the edges and bottom of a quilt sandwich after quilting and cut them in a wink into binding or into strips for other quilts. There is very little waste and depending on the width you can cut up to 5 strips at a time all just as straight as an arrow.
Debi
Old 11-21-2010, 01:58 PM

This true. You have to have a strategy and know when to bid. Bid too soon and you send more money than necessary. Bid too late and you lose what you have "invested" in the auction. It is not like e-bay where the auction ends and you can bid at the last milli-second and win. The SewBids auction continues with everyone getting about 10 seconds to challenge the previous bid. It doesn't end until everyone but the winner quits. You have to treat it like a game and expect to lose sometimes. The secret is to not spend a whole lot of 75 cent bids to be in the final 3-4 bidders and hope there isn't someone with more money than sense. Go on and just watch the auctions for a while and see who the players are and how they operate. Even I seldom challenge the wild newbies and those that bid to win at all cost ones.
Debi
Old 11-21-2010, 02:11 PM

Shoppers Rule has the smaller GO BABY cutter on sale for $99 right now. It uses most of the same dies as the regular GO cutter but is smaller. Check it out. Not much money to invest if you want to try it. Start with the strip cutters and a couple of others. http://www.shoppersrule.com/
Debi
Old 11-21-2010, 02:18 PM

If you go to Accuquilt site, they show every die & they have several sizes of strip cutters. I'm getting the 2 1/2" die....seems to be the size strips I use the most.

Originally Posted by Chere
Can you use the Go for strip cutting? The rotary strip cutter at Joanns had bad reviews but I really want something to speed up cutting strips
Old 11-22-2010, 01:36 AM

Which is the best buy for cutting strips, the Go or the rotary strip cutter?
Old 11-22-2010, 02:04 AM

Look up Accuquilt Go in the search at top of this page.There's a lot of info there.Most owners say the Go is great for cutting,that it beats other machines.I would think the smaller Baby would work fine, but you'd need to check out just what dies you can use with it.The Accuquilt site has all the info you need.
There are also a couple pro cutters said to be top of the line,but a lot more $$.

Originally Posted by Chere
Which is the best buy for cutting strips, the Go or the rotary strip cutter?
Old 11-22-2010, 03:53 AM

loving mine, e-bay has good deals on dies if your a e-bay shopper