Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HELP!!!! >

HELP!!!!

HELP!!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 02:13 PM

Sweets6181, I own a Janome 10001 and I went and looked at your machine and it is very similar to mine. I have experienced I believe exactly what you are going through and the problem is if you don't have that little black casing that holds the bobbin in the slot just right it will knot up every time. I feel that is what your problem is. Try taking the whole casing out and watch how you put it back in there. It has to fit just right. Try that and it may take a few tries to get it in there.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:19 PM

Also like one of the other ladies said if you have fuzz all down in there and under the feed dogs that will cause it to knot up as well really bad.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:05 PM

I have a Janome...since April of this year and just this past month found out I had been putting my needle in BACKWARDS!!! How I missed that in the book...well, I know how I missed it...I didn't read that part, cuz EVERYONE knows how to insert a needle, right??? Another thing I learned about Janome...and quilting, I'd have to say..I change my needle with every quilt. I clean it after every quilt, with a small, soft brush. I even blow it out with canned air. I am ready to trade this machine off, because I have large hands, and to get into the little space where the needle is to be inserted is so hard to do. I have to open the face plate to even get it threaded. This Janome is just too small.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

A lot of people say NOT to use compressed air - because it forces whatever fuzzies there may be into the works of the machine.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by kathidahl
This whole thread enforces my opinion of the manufacturers using all kinds of bobbins..some brands use different bobbins in their own different models. If you have more than one machine, it is a nightmare to keep them straight! And, hey, just try looking in the manual for help in buying additional bobbins......
I absolutely agree this week. I would not have believed it before, bought a new pkg of bobbins and NONE of them worked, thought it was the machine, then tried them in another machine (both Singer 401"s) and they didnt work in that machine either. Into the trash. I will stay with the vintage bobbins. Glad I have a good supply. :-)
Old 11-23-2010, 03:34 PM

I too, would not touch the bobbin tension before doing what our friends have told you. I have a Pfaff and my bobbin was always a mess. Seemed loose and threads crossed. Now I put my finger on the bobbin as it winds and this slows the bobbin down and keeps it from wobbling. I find that if my bobbin isn't working, it's because I have the thread in the bobbin holder incorrectly. Good luck. Nothing more frustrating than having a machine not working.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:42 PM

This has been a really helpful thread for me. I've always felt so isolated in my machine problems. While I'm not happy you are having trouble, it does mean I'm not alone. Thank you all for your great advice! I can't wait to hear what she finds out from the dealer.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
A lot of people say NOT to use compressed air - because it forces whatever fuzzies there may be into the works of the machine.
I've heard it's because the cans of air also have moisture. I clean first with a brush then just a little burst of air, like blowing from my mouth. And not close or forceful..I hold it about 6 inches away. Just makes me feel better. LOL!
Old 11-23-2010, 03:48 PM

I use a pipe cleaner. Dust usually clings to it.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:50 PM

Or Fuzz I should say not dust.....duh...only got 3 hrs sleep last night...lol