Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Missing packages... has this happened to you? >

Missing packages... has this happened to you?

Missing packages... has this happened to you?

Old 11-25-2010, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Katrine
I have always advised a seller when an order is received - even when I have it sent to an address other than my own. I think the retailer appreciates it.
that is what i do too..Communication is good business..for both!
Old 11-25-2010, 04:04 AM

I have never had to sign for any package but the driver scans them. They just lay them under the doormat if there's room. Then he rings the doorbell.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:17 AM

My hubby had this happen. We live in the country. ony 2 houses on our dirt road. The neighbors didn't have his $500 part, but the company insisted it had been delivered to our house.
He eventually found it sitting on a rock by our garbage cans which are 1/4 mile from our house.
this is a very true story. They walk among us.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:54 AM

Funny this post came up. Last week UPS left two heavy boxes on my porch that belongs to the neighbor 4 miles up the road. There are only 4 of us on a 8 mile road, country. I callaed her and she came to get them the next day. Said they deliver to her all the time. Can't figure this one out. My mail carrier knows me so I think I am safe? NO Last month Nanay's notions sent a package and showed delivered to my USPS but they lost it. Said they delivered it. NOt to me. So NN replaced it right away. Thankful. I know if they say I got something, I would ask for credit. SOrry you all had a bad experience.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:13 AM

I mailed a package of fabric and quilting supplies including rotatry cutters, blades, mats, pins, seam ripper, etc. Everything a beginning quilt would want or need. Value probably about $300. This went to Malta. My friend received a request to come down to customs office to pay duty or provide proof that the items were a gift. I emailed her a list and statement that it was all a gift. When she got there the package was EMPTY except for a cheap little fuzzy backed tablecloth for design purposes that I stuck in at the last minute costing $1. They then gave her a letter from USPS stating the package was damaged in route and sorry. So why did customs want a statement from her or her to pay duty on an empty package? I have not been able to figure that out! So when I go to Malta (someday, if ever) I will hand carry some things to her!
I did take two quilt to Sweden summer before last because I wanted to make sure the recipients did get them. Wouldn't you know Delta misplaced my luggage going and returning! Fortunately both times I did get the luggage, but like 3 days after arrival. The quilts did eventually get there and were a hit with my friends, but my auntie won't use hers, says it is too pretty and put it away in the closet!
Old 11-25-2010, 06:27 AM

yes, one of my doll quilts I was suppose to get never showed up...it was mailed by someone other than the maker and she was so upset...she made me another one which I told her not too...it never showed up. Makes you wonder..
Old 11-25-2010, 06:35 AM

Fed-x lost a package for me. Well not for me, but for an article I was doing. The samples were sent to the editor and then were being sent from her to the photographer, when the package went missing. They have never found it so had to redo all the samples. Reminder to self--be sure to keep detailed notes on what the samples are. grin.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:44 AM

I have not lost anything, however my late DH would receive medical supplies delivered by UPS and FEDEX and they would just leave it on the side deck. They don't ring the bell and ask for a signature. I was upset about this but since we were always home and heard ther truck I never complained. to the companies
Old 11-25-2010, 08:57 AM

I used to live in a condo/apartment complex with an A and B side. My unit number was one of the B's with a matching A. I had ordered motorcycle gear, and was watching the fed-ex site the day it was to be delivered. When it popped up as delivered, but we didn't have it, my ex went ballistic on Fed-Ex, who also said 'not their problem.' I decided (luckily) to walk across the street, & sure enough, it was delivered to the corresponding 'A' unit, and the occupant was honest & handed it over. My ex decided to go ballistic a 2nd time on Fed-Ex, who still didn't care, because we received our package.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:12 AM

I won an item from a "penny auction" and was very excited. A week and a half later I signed the FEDex door tag expecting my package to be delivered the next day. Silly me!

There was no package, so I called FEDex. I got a very odd story that the package was returned to Apple computers (How did she know it was an Apple product?) I called Apple and they said once they sell their product to another company it wouldn't be returned to Apple. I called Fedex again and they said someone at my house refused it and they shipped it back to a warehouse in CA. That is very odd, since I work all day! I contacted the customer service department from the warehouse and they said I would have to contact the auction people which you can only deal with via email.

It took several days for the auction people to respond and they said that they would have another package shipped within two weeks. It's been a week, so I will have to wait it out.