Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
STUFFED PEPPERS OR CABBAGE >

STUFFED PEPPERS OR CABBAGE

STUFFED PEPPERS OR CABBAGE

Old 11-25-2010, 01:48 PM

thanks so much, i really appreciate the recipe. will try it out this week-end boyfriend will be surpised, he said he just love's sweet and sour cabbage....puglover1
Old 11-25-2010, 03:43 PM

Yourwelcome. I know there is a german version, I had when I lived in Wisconsin. The Bar Owners wife gave it to me , because I liked it so much. But I lost it thru the years. It was called Sauerbrauten, I beleive. She made the BESt
Old 11-25-2010, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by twistedsheets
6 green bell peppers 1 1/2 lbs ground beef box of spanish rice can of tomato sauce can tomato juice make spanish rice per box instructions especially if the rice needs to be fried first , but do not cook dry( leave it a little soupy to flovar your ground beef . The rice will finish cooking in the final baking) Then cut top off peppers and rinse and deseed peppers. I cut up the tops of peppers myslef and add them to the ground beef with the prepared spanish rice and can of tomato sauce Mix this well. Stuff your peppers with mixture. Pour tomato juice over and all around the peppers . If baking these will be in a deep baking dish which you will cover or use tin foil to cover and bake at 350 for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. In slowcooker 5 hours on high. You can use cabbage instead and wrap mixture in parboiled cabbage leafs. cooking time is the same.
I parbil my peppers first. Have you ever tried stuffing peppers with left over pinto beans and fried potatoes? They are delicious.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
Originally Posted by twistedsheets
6 green bell peppers 1 1/2 lbs ground beef box of spanish rice can of tomato sauce can tomato juice make spanish rice per box instructions especially if the rice needs to be fried first , but do not cook dry( leave it a little soupy to flovar your ground beef . The rice will finish cooking in the final baking) Then cut top off peppers and rinse and deseed peppers. I cut up the tops of peppers myslef and add them to the ground beef with the prepared spanish rice and can of tomato sauce Mix this well. Stuff your peppers with mixture. Pour tomato juice over and all around the peppers . If baking these will be in a deep baking dish which you will cover or use tin foil to cover and bake at 350 for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. In slowcooker 5 hours on high. You can use cabbage instead and wrap mixture in parboiled cabbage leafs. cooking time is the same.
I parbil my peppers first. Have you ever tried stuffing peppers with left over pinto beans and fried potatoes? They are delicious.
Love the fried potatoes. Unfortunately I am not a pinto bean lover. Nor re-fried beans. Basically the only beans I like are great northern beans, and of course greenbeans.My mom made chili with those kidney beans, you will find beans are absent in my chili, but lots of onions and shredded cheddar cheese if for anyone who cares to have it added. I guess I may have a strange attitude for most beans, but I just don't care for most.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:58 AM

I do know some people like whole kernnel corn in there peppers, and others told me they grew up on their mom's putting corn into and they have come to really hate corn. I guess we all have different likes and dislikes, for whatever reason, but I hope you will add your own favorite ingredient. Mine is just how I make them, and a starting point recipe so to say.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Thank you