Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-27-2010, 07:43 AM

My 7 yr old DGD is getting ready to move into her own house and she has been busy putting sticky notes on the things she wants to take to her place. Guess where I found sticky notes? One is on my Singer 128 handcrank and the other is on my 301. She's graciously leaving me her Janome jem. I guess I'll have to find her another machine so that she'll leave mine alone. Apparently she prefers the old machines much better. she told me that the handcrank is the best because it doesn't need electricity so it's good for the earth.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:02 AM

That is soooo sweet! Kids are great aren't they?!
Old 11-27-2010, 08:12 AM

Out of the mouths of Babes !! Sometimes they have more common sense than some adults.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:18 AM

What a great idea and I look forward to watching this site. I have just bought an old singer treadle for $20.00 and it works great. I have a friend who is in some treadlers club and she put a new belt on and promptly quilted a baby quilt on it for her new grandson. I feel blessed!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:48 AM

I love all the news! Since everyone is talking family, here is a couple pictures of 4 of our grandsons. We had the boys for 5 days, so I put them to work making placemats using their hands as moose antler's and their foot as the moose noose! I saw these in one of our quilting magazines and thought what a cool idea!

Sorry the first picture is not real good, it was a very sunny day in a very bright orange dinning room!

Nancy

Oh and I had all the boys try my 15-88 treadle and they all could sew first try! It took me two weeks to learn to treadle!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-134547.jpe
Views:	206
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	134552   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-134548.jpe
Views:	211
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	134553  
Old 11-27-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
I love all the news! Since everyone is talking family, here is a couple pictures of 4 of our grandsons. We had the boys for 5 days, so I put them to work making placemats using their hands as moose antler's and their foot as the moose noose! I saw these in one of our quilting magazines and thought what a cool idea!

Sorry the first picture is not real good, it was a very sunny day in a very bright orange dinning room!

Nancy

Oh and I had all the boys try my 15-88 treadle and they all could sew first try! It took me two weeks to learn to treadle!
It looks like they are having a great time.
:-D
Old 11-27-2010, 11:06 AM

Nancy

How awesome to have your grandboys there sewing and having fun doing it. You are blessed and so are they.

Sandi
Old 11-27-2010, 11:06 AM

That is so adorable. I hope they take these sewing and creating lessons with them through life.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

Bojangles/Nancy - Please consider putting that moose picture in the pictures section of the forum. It's adorable, and I'm sure there are a lot more people who would see it there.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:58 AM

Nancy

Looks as if they were having fun and they did a great job. I had my 12 year old grandson this past summer and he used my treadle and took right off. I am still having trouble starting. Then he went to a hand crank and said that was "cool".