Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Missing packages... has this happened to you? >

Missing packages... has this happened to you?

Missing packages... has this happened to you?

Old 11-28-2010, 01:53 PM

Haven't had those experiences. I cannot imagine the frustration and aggravation associated.

I've tried to teach my kids to cover their tracks when dealing with anyone, no matter how on the up & up it seems. Even if it doesn't prevent some sort of loss, there's always a paper trail from their side.

Such a shame.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:06 PM

I sent a book via media mail to WA and it ended up at the North Pole (no - really it did). I had tracking on it and could see where USPS was sending it. It stayed there about a week and then sent to Anchorage. When I called the PO to ask what they could do...the man told me it was in Arkansas and that was the normal route to WA! (I am in CA) Guess he thought AK meant Arkansas instead of Alaska. After many calls and watching it made it to it intended owner...only 6-7 weeks late.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
I did finally get ahold of a claims person (with authority) at FedEx, and she offered to make a "one time only" exception and re-open and pay the claim. She said it was because we had been a good customer for years and "did not abuse our account" by filing a lot of claims. For this, I am most grateful.

But it still bothers me that I cannot think of a way to keep this situation from happening again in the future.
Glad to hear this issue was finally resolved in your favor. MB
Old 11-29-2010, 11:44 PM

This happened to me at JA's. I ordered some flannel which required prepayment. Was told it might take 2-3 weeks, which was fine. It didn't come and didn't come so I called a couple of times and was told it hadn't come in yet. Well I had to go to JA's after about 3 weeks and thought I would check the flannel and there was a bolt of me fabric. I took it to the counter and asked why I hadn't been called. The clerk went to the back room with a paper saying they did call and I had come in and picked it up. I said no, I received no phone call and I definitely had not picked it up. The manager was called and I said I could prove it wasn't my signature on the paper, as my license has my signature. She was very nice and said no I didn't have to prove who I was and they would just reorder. I said no, I'd just take what they had. The first bolt had about half what I had ordered, so I looked and they had another partial bolt and I took all of that. I don't remember if I got my complete order that I had paid for, as I was frazzled by that time and just wanted to leave. (everyone was looking and listening) So JA must have called the wrong number and someone got free fabric.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:23 AM

I had a couple of packages go missing and one time my neighbor came over when I got home from work to give me a delivery. She said that some kids in the neighborhood were on my porch where the package was so she shoo'd them away and took the package. They were likely the ones who took the other packages.

I started having things delivered to my work, which has a mailroom, and they call me to come get it or deliver it to my desk on their rounds.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:56 PM

i missed some mags from a board member and a cricut & once a fabric orders....never did see hide or hair of them but at least the cricut was insured but it took over a month to file paper etc to get re-imbursed,