Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Lots of quilters with dogs >

Lots of quilters with dogs

Lots of quilters with dogs

Old 11-24-2010, 09:48 AM

I have two Shih-Tzus. Jazzy (female) is 5 yrs old and Rufus (male) is 4 yrs old. Jazzy is usual close to my feet as I sew or at least in the room. Rufus will come in & check things out, but will make his way back to the family room sofa.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by almostfree
Originally Posted by sltiffee
We have 2 Bassett Hounds, a mother and her daughter and a 10 mo. old male Havanese. My Velcro dog.
We have one German shorthaired pointer, Addie who is 14 months, and one cocker spaniel, Ebony, who is 12 years old. Both spoiled rotten. I know what you mean about a velcro dog--Ebony is always by my side.
My son has a German Shorthaired pointer. He's crazy...hahaha! The dog can't stand for my son to be out of his sight. Is your dog that way?
Old 11-24-2010, 10:04 AM

I have 2 german shorthair pointers, Rose and Mike. Usually they are outside while I am quilting. Rosey tends to want to lay on the fabric I am trying to iron. They will lay on the floor or Rosey will lay underneath my table.

Last night we had steak and the kids know they get some. We were dog sitting another pointer and they were all anxiously waiting and drooling. Hailey is the white pointer, then Rose in the middle and Mike on the other end.

Rosey has this fleece blanket that she loves to be covered with. There are a few holes and she always gets her head stuck in the biggest one. She didn't like the fact she had to go outside so this was her process getting off the couch. She still is half asleep, looking like super dog! :-)

Waiting patiently for steak
[ATTACH=CONFIG]133359[/ATTACH]

Rosey and her blanket.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]133360[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-133354.jpe
Views:	9
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	133359   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-133355.jpe
Views:	8
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	133360  
Old 11-24-2010, 10:07 AM

My son has a German Shorthaired pointer. He's crazy...hahaha! The dog can't stand for my son to be out of his sight. Is your dog that way?[/quote]

Oh my gosh! Mike has to be near my hubby most of the time. He is getting better, but there are times when I have to make Mike go lay down.

All of "kids" are so cute!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:34 AM

I have cats, 2 velcro dogs and two Great Pyrenees. I will try to add pictures. Well, I tried to find pix of the other animals but they are burried someplace in my files. Easier to go take more pictures. This little guy is my little chiuhahua mix, Mister T. He is 11 yrs old. W live in an old business bldg in downtown. My sis went out to take Christmas paper to the dumpster on Christmas Eve nite. She came back with something wrapped in a piece of paper. It was this tiny little dog. He was uncons. I gave him a tsp. of whiskey and put him under my shirt to warm him. He was so cute! I know I have pix of him then but just can't find them. That was 1999. He soon ruled the house. I had told her that she could have him but he decided he wanted me.

Name:	Attachment-133361.jpe
Views:	32
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	133366  
Old 12-01-2010, 03:53 PM

Oh, how adorable are all these dogs!! I just have to add my "baby".. he's 9 years old who still thinks he's a puppy.
Australian shepherd named Alexei.

Anne

Name:	Attachment-136822.jpe
Views:	32
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	136827  
Old 12-01-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by SCGreatGran
Oh, how adorable are all these dogs!! I just have to add my "baby".. he's 9 years old who still thinks he's a puppy.
Australian shepherd named Alexei.

Anne
Beautiful dog...love those eyes!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:05 PM

I have four. Two Chesapeake Bay Retrievers; my side-kick Eddie (in my avatar)- he's a Cairn Terrier; and Roxy - she's a white deaf boxer we adopted from a rescue organization this summer.

The Chessies spend the day out in the kennel. The other 2 are spoiled house-dogs who follow me wherever I am in the house. When I quilt they curl up on their dog beds and supervise. Once I thought Roxy was sleeping at my feet as I was quilting my king-sized monstrosity - turned out she was quietly taking mouthfuls of quilt batt and pulling them out from the edge of the quilt. Then she looked at me and gave me a big doggie smile and wagged her tail. Lesson learned....whip-stitch the edges shut until the binding goes on!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:31 PM

Welcome from Western Maryland !!!
We have 2 dogs - Gracie ( Shepard, Chow, & Lab Mix ) my avatar & Smokey a pure Scotish Terrier male, that was rescued from an abusive home. He has come a long way in 3 years. Gracie & Smokey are 5 years old, only a month difference. Gracie is allowed every where ( had her since a pup ) Smokey is still earning allowances :-) Love them both !
Old 12-01-2010, 04:45 PM

Oh wow! I love all the dog stories and pictures. My dog is a black lab. She is about 10 years old. My "room" is a small bedroom, and houses all sewing and crafts that I do. My Ebony Loves to be in the room with me, but everytime I move she has to move because of our crowded space. When things in the house quiet down late at night she will sleep in the hall right outside my room. Then after a while of that she will start begging me to go to bed. We each have a bed in the bedroom.