Please, get your flu shot!

Old 12-03-2010, 06:47 AM

Some of us don't have the option of getting one. Years ago I had one. They asked me if I was allergic to eggs. Nope, never had a problem with eggs--lots of food allergies but not eggs. Boy was I wrong! Come to find out I have a mild egg allergy. For a year and a half after getting a flu shot I suffered from terrible migraines if I ate anything with several eggs in it. A bout with the flu vs. over a year of migraines? I'll take the flu any day. If I never have another migraine the memory of them will last me forever. I don't ever want to go through anything that miserable again.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Aurora
I also never get flu shots and never get the flu. I don't want to reduce my natural resistance.
I believe that 100%~. Edie
Old 12-03-2010, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Elfi2
I FIND IT INTERESTING THAT REALLY MOST PEOPLE VOTE AGAINST A FLU SHOT. I'M NOT FOR IT EITHER, I DO GET THE FLU OCCASIONALLY BUT I THINK MY BODY IS USED TO FIGHTING IT OFF HIMSELF SO I DON'T SEEM TO BE SICK AS BADLY AS SOME DESCRIBE. MY GRAND-CHILDREN COME AND STAY WITH ME TOO AND HAVE BEEN SICK AND IT DOESN'T SEEM TO AFFECT ME BADLY EITHER. I REALLY THINK ONE OF THE MAIN THING IS TO LAY DOWN AND REST PLENTY WHILE ILL AND FEED ON VITAMIN C STUFF, LIKE CITRUS FRUIT AND VEGETABLES.
Nothing better than Orange juice, grapefruit and veggies. And, of course, the good old all purpose, multiple vitamin (which contains 100 % of all the vitamins) and iron. A nice glass of wine doesn't hurt either. Edie
Old 12-03-2010, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
What I need is a tetanus shot. Thanks for the reminder!

Are people getting pneumonia shots?
Thanks for the reminder...I need a tetanus shot, too. And I got the pneumonia shot 8 yrs ago --- mainly because I have asthma and bronchitis was my yearly (sometimes 4 times a year) thing. Last year I had bronchitis for the first time since the pneumonia shot. Though the doctors will say the pneumonia shot won't help bronchitis!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

I don't get the flu shot. My kids never got one and still don't. But I'm not saying that to just shun the shots. The shots are helpful to many. I know I have a healthy immune system and I know my kids eat and live healthy. To them fast foods and processed foods are as forbidden as smoking cigarettes. Grand isn't allowed to eat the school lunches but she told me sometimes she'll eat there if they have her favorite, sloppy Joes. LOL
Old 12-03-2010, 08:21 AM

We got ours in October and do every year, works for us...
Old 12-03-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I don't get the flu shot. My kids never got one and still don't. But I'm not saying that to just shun the shots. The shots are helpful to many. I know I have a healthy immune system and I know my kids eat and live healthy. To them fast foods and processed foods are as forbidden as smoking cigarettes. Grand isn't allowed to eat the school lunches but she told me sometimes she'll eat there if they have her favorite, sloppy Joes. LOL
Hey, that sounds good for dinner instead of hot dogs. Edie
Old 12-03-2010, 09:11 AM

Got mine in September.
Also, the pneumonia & whooping cough.

J J
Old 12-03-2010, 09:43 AM

I always get the "Shot" it does have a little of the virus in them, thats what builds the immunity. I sometimes feel a little tired but better than the flu.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:19 PM

I have gotten my flu shot for lots of years. I am around elderly people and can't risk bringing something to them!